Should I move jcarousel to version 1.2.7 or upgrade to zenpage 1.3?

I have on my localhost zenphoto 1.2.7 and I have spent the last week modifying the zenpage theme to fit my new website. Before installing the gallery on my webhost server I saw that version 1.3.0 of zenphoto was launched and I decided to go for it. I have copied the custom zenpage 1.2.7 theme and all worked fine. Today, while browsing the functions documentation I saw the printjCarouselThumbNav. I took me a while but I realized that it was included by default in the new zenpage version.

Should I stick with my costum modification or move to the new version and copy all the changes? Besides rounded corners and jcarousel, are there any changes of critical importance?

If I should keep zenpage 1.2.7, what else needs to be done to insert the jcarousel in image.php besides copying the function, copying the jcarousel stylesheet and images from the newer zenpage folder to my costum zenpage folder?

I have tried this aproach and it seems that something is missing. All the html output code after printjCarouselThumbNav function is missing, including the carousel itself. I suspect that there should be a call for the jcarousel scripts somethere in the theme.

Thanks for help!

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Actually the jCarousel-plugin should work with any theme. Did you really enable the plugin at all? Sound like you didn't.

Depending in how you modified the theme you might have to do some CSS adjustments.

There are Zenage theme changes in 1.3 but most are actually styling as you noted. There are some other but nothing critical if I recall (you will have to view the svn changes on the trunk). One major but optional change is support for the new menu manager.
  • Works like a charm :D. I should have figured out that there is a plugin to activate :P.

Menu manager is a very cool plugin but I have my own custom sidebar so I choosed to stick with zenpage 1.2.7.

Thank's very much for your input acrylian!
    Check adrianmoisa.ro if you want to see my gallery.