Error when clicking to see albums in zpGalleriffic theme

My albums work just fine in all the standard themes but I downloaded zpGalleriffic and uploaded it and got it to be the theme but when I click on any of the albums I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getFolder() on a non-object in /hermes/bosweb/web044/b446/ipg.charlesly/portfolio/zp-core/template-functions.php on line 3413

Anyone know what's going on and how to fix it? I'm brand new to Zenphoto and not a web expert. Thanks.

Comments

• Well, the theme would be calling some function with an invalid parameter. I could probably give you a good idea of which function, however, you have not told me the version of Zenphoto you are using and the line number quoted does not correspond to anything which could give that error in the 1.3 version of Zenphoto.
  • I just downloaded zenphoto free through ipage.com where I host my website and it looks like it's version 1.2.1. Is that my problem? Is the newer version free and will it work with my ipage acount?
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    That theme was developed for 1.2.9 and newer by its developer and surely not tested with that outdate 1.2.1 release.

Since we don't know anything about your ipage.com webspace (I never even heard of that) we can't answer. Look at the requirements or just try it.

Yes, Zenphoto is still free to download.
  • Okay, thanks. That's strange they are offering such an outdated version. It was part of their offering of downloads for galleries so I assumed you guys had at least agreed to let them offer it or something. I'll try downloading the newer version and see if I can make it work. Thanks so much!
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    The GPL licence Zenphoto is released under allows this even without asking us.
  • I downloaded the new version of Zenphoto but now I'm getting this error in the MySQL setup of Zenphoto setup:
    Access denied for user 'charlesly_app'@'boscgi3207.eigbox.net' (using password: YES)

I've entered all the correct info from my webserver for the MySQL server and database and username and password but don't know why it's not letting me have access.
  • The error message is from MySQL itself. You would have to consult with your ipage.com to find out exactly why it is not working.