Re-Install to new server. Blank setup page.

Needed to relocate zenphoto site to new server (all zen-core files plus everything else from the old server, albums, etc). So, I had to reinstall new setup pages again (just the setup php files (10)). But when I access to the setup page - its blank. Permissions are all correct (755). I do have full permissions to insall.

Did anyone else have the same problem when switching servers?

old server: 2.6.9-103.ELsmp GNU/Linux
new server: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.9 (Tikanga)

I still use Zenphoto 1.4.4.4. not ready to upgrade.

Thanks!

hope someone can give me a clue.

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Error logs?
  • Admin thought of the same thought - they said this might help you -

[Thu May 30 17:36:17 2013] [error] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function zp_getCookie() in ............../zp-core/functions-i18n.php on line 444
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Sadly we have no idea. We have to suggest to upgrade to the latest release.
  • ... sigh ...
    I've customized some pages and I need to make this work on the server before I can upgrade. Thank you anyway.
  • You have the cart before the horse. You are having a problem with an old release. The first step is to not be running the old release. Perhaps that alone will fix your issue.

I do not understand your statement about the customization. An upgrade within the release family will not have any issues with a theme or plugin that is customized.

If you have done something to the core, then you are on your own. We certainly are in no position debug on an old release.
  • I only updated the css file and moved files to a new server.
    And reinstall the setup files which came up with a blank page. I'll delete 1.4.4.4 (but keep the old albums and css (customization) )and start over with the new update of Zenphoto. Thank you. I'll keep you posted.
  • Okay - I reinstalled the new version of ZenPhoto - despite minor Log security & PHP version issues. The Setup cannot connect to MySQL. I'm asking the admin to send me error logs so I can figure what is going on. The MySQL. admin set up the db and doesn't understand why setup is not connecting.
  • The setup page is having problems connecting MySql DB. There is a DB called zenphoto setup for me from DB Admin. But this guy doesn't understand why the setup page can't connect to MySql or even attempt to create its table when it was assumed it was from the web support. My zenphoto log says:

Zenphoto Setup v1.4.4.8[4fd3c047c8]: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 14:07:58 -0700
    Query error: MySQL not connected
    Warn: Log security [is compromised] Zenphoto attempts to make log files accessable by owner only (permissions = 0600). This attempt has failed. The log file permissions are 0775 which may allow unauthorized access.
    Warn: PHP version 5.3.3 PHP Version 5.2 or greater is required. Version 5.4 or greater is strongly recommended. Use earlier versions at your own risk.

The DB Admin has sent a request to the unix admin to check the server logs for further details plus check permissions on my web account which he highly suspects could be the key. Previously, the account was setup for full privileges for zenphoto setup files but that doesn't seem to be the case
  • If Zenphoto cannot connect to the MySQL server then one (or more) of the following are not set correctly in the configuration file

The MySQL user id
    The password for the MySQL user
    The Host that MySQL resides upon
    The database that you wish to attach to.
  • This is extremely helpful. I just sent the list to them.
  • I didn't have enough permissions or ownership in the web account to connect with MySQL.
    Everything else was a breeze once everything was reset.
    But I accidentally moved my old configuration to the new server with the new ZenPhoto (I thought I had deleted that). Once permissions were reset - I saw my old configurations in setup!!! It was an easy task to add the new configuration into the fields in setup and that worked. It was a matter of setting up my Admin page username and password from then on. I'm now able to see my images without the descriptions from the old server. So I started to add descriptions but the admin wouldn't allow me to do that after apply. The following error:

{19919:Tue, 11 Jun 2013 23:40:40 GMT}
    WARNING: imagepng(): Unable to open '/var/www/docs/environment/artcollection/cache/paintings/screen-shot-2013-04-04-at-3.42.48-pm_40_cw40_ch40_thumb.png' for writing: Permission denied in /var/www/docs/environment/artcollection/zp-core/lib-GD.php on line 94
    imagepng called from zp_imageOutput (lib-GD.php [94])
    from cacheImage (functions-image.php [421])
    from i.php [182]

Also from the admin apply results - I also get the message error:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /artcollection/zp-core/admin-edit.php on this server.

N.O.Y.B Server at environment Port 80

Any thoughts? Before I talk to the unix admin in the morning?

Thank you.
  • Those are both filesystem permissions issues.
  • we're baffled.
    It seems that I cannot add full sentences to my Descriptions.
    For example, I can't cut and paste my old content from the old server to the new Zenphot and new zenphoto.
    Thats when I get the server error:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /artcollection/zp-core/admin-edit.php on this server.

N.O.Y.B Server at environment Port 80

My question to anyone on the forum, what files or directories need to have apache/server permissions for Admin-edit can work or is there something else going on here?
  • Which file permissions work is server dependent. But from the sounds of things I would guess the basic problem is that the server user ID used for uploading by FTP is different from the one the WEB server software is using to run the Zenphoto application.

If you cannot fix that then the only choice is to make the files public (not recommended). Talk to your hoster about this. It is a common mis-configuration.
  • Excuse my ignorance ... User ID used for uploading by FTP? Is that the ID I setup up in Zenphoto software on the new server or are you talking about my web account (which is different when I log on the server when I use FTP apps or telnet). If so - I didn't know that Zenphoto had to use the same username and password as my web account for Zenphoto.
  • None of these are zenphoto items. They are user ids belonging to your server. The FTP one is the user id you supply when your FTP client connects.

The User ID the web server uses has to be configured by your host.
  • Stop the presses.
    I Did a test by uploading a new image and adding new content and that worked.
    I guess the old mages in the folders transferred from the old server & Zenphoto didn't work. The Zenphoto will not create content for me. I have to start all over again. Thats a lot of images. So the transition and upgrading to a new Zenphoto did not work for this process.
  • I suppose you uploaded via Zenphoto, so that is why it worked. More evidence that the user setup on your server is screwed up.
  • Well, the description field failed again. I do think its a user setup issue on the new server. Thi sis so frustrating. The Admin can't figure the differences from both servers. Why one works and the other doesn't.
  • We finally figured out the problem but the details are not revealed to me. Since the site is open to the public. There are security permissions issues that needed to be changed for me to edit within the directory. So you are right. It was misconfiguration. But since they are holding back on details, I can only suggest to check with your provider on firewall security issues when installing zenphoto. I wasn't privy to these security issues, So I'm dependent on IT Support at work.