New Theme - zpMasonry

2»

Comments

• gjr Member
    That could be implemented, but here is the problem: It would only navigate through the images displayed on that page. If you have multiple pages of an album, colorbox would not continue through the images. That is the reason for the slideshow button which pulls all the images regardless of pagination. I did not put image navigation in there when previewing a single image because I thought it was misleading. I am open to argument though... :)
  • I see so will remove the overlay container and just offer the slideshow button and the normal EXIF - Picture Layout ;)

Thanks anyway :)
  • gjr Member
    That could be implemented, but here is the problem: It would only navigate through the images displayed on that page. If you have multiple pages of an album, colorbox would not continue through the images. That is the reason for the slideshow button which pulls all the images regardless of pagination. I did not put image navigation in there when previewing a single image because I thought it was misleading. I am open to argument though... :)

Sorry for double post - site acting strangely this morning :)
  • I find the zpMasonry as a very nice templates for zenphoto. Finally something awesome.
    I have two observations which would improve the design of template.

I feel the template is trying to be wide too. The page on big screen is not very nice as one part is on very left and text field on very right side. This is not very handy for reading and getting the orientation.

Once the pictures are viewed in the subalbum the control buttons are too far (the picture is on left side and NEXT button is on right side).

Once album has more subalbums, each album is represented by box containing picture and piece of text description. Unfortunately each box has different height depends on the text description. This causes that the last boxes on the page are not in one line, theirs position is various and this doesn't look very well, it is hard to get orientation in this.

Please consider this as some ideas what could be improved or feedback..I think this is my favorite template so I'm trying to provide some feedback...

Thanks for developing it,
    Petr
  • gjr Member
    Hello Petr,

Thanks for your feedback on this thread as well as the zpGalleriffic thread. Any bugs you describe I cannot really look at unless I can see them in action on a link provided. As far as some of the other things you mention, keep in mind that themes created are really a starting point for each user to develop their site (at least that is how I see it). It is VERY difficult, impossible, to develop a theme that meets everyone's needs. Sure, you try to provide some options, but realistically you cannot develop a theme that suits everyone's site.

That is where you come in. You modify here and there, even ask questions on the forum how to make modifications, get it the way you like it.
  • I love your layout gjr! i'm gonna use it for my personal photography website. But i seem to have encountered a problem and i can't seem to figure out how to fix it... maybe you know...

If i enable combinews to show latest albums on the news page it doesn't show an image but just displays "[image removed]" instead of the thumbnail/image...

and i have a little suggestion too. On image.php could you include an option to let the next image load when clicking on the image instead of the fullsize one or download? i managed to do it with a little modding, but it ain't pretty...
  • Looks really amazing, really nice work, i tried it on internet explorer and firefox, all looks good
  • Hello Gjr,
    well I understand your point. Basically you are right that it would be great to have more people using the template you shot out the world and these people can share the code modifications over this forum...This would create various modifications and one can just select...
    The link where the noted issue can be observed is http://petruf.net/02-travel-notes/
    I'll try to figure out how to fix it and post the fix here..
    Thanks,
    Petr
  • swamyg1 Member
    Does anybody know if it's possible to generate a masonry layout for the album pages using this mod? Would love to have a more interesting layout for this page, any tips would be helpful.
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Isn't that what this theme does? Aynway, masonry is a jquery plugin that can be applied to whatever you like.
  • Is album image sorting working OK for you guys using this theme? I'm not able to get any sort order to work, all my images display in some random order.