ZPArdoise: Changes saved then later revert back

Aknot Member
Ok I know I'm not crazy. Before I went away this weekend I went through and

Made new tags.
Applied tags to all my pictures except 3.
Gave descriptions to all my images except 3.
Arranged the order of all my pictures so like items would be together.
Renamed some photos

Today I view my site and the pages I created are there but no other changes are there.

To top this off I made changes in small groups. For example I would give a description of 5 or so pictures than press apply. When I scrolled down the changes I made would be there so I would continue on.

I have also Capitalized all my albums.... yet now they are all in lowercase.

Since no one else appears to be having issue I can almost be 100% certain I am doing something wrong..... :D

But what?

http://www.pentaxpics.com

Comments

• Or maybe your ISP has rolled back your database for some reason. These changes are all database stored, so if they ever "took" then they would still be in the database.

The other possibility is that somehow the images and albums seem "new" to Zenphoto. For isntance, if you had the album folder names (Not the title) in lower case then changed it to upper case on a Unix system this would be a new album, so none of the attributes made for the old lower case version would apply. This prsuemes you did not use Zenphoto to do the renaming--if you do that we know enought to preserve the metadata.
  • Aknot Member
    Thanks for the reply. Apparently my ISP is having/had some issues. I was assurd they were resolved the mornign of the changes..... Im checking with them to make sure.

As for the "new" comment. Im almost 100% sure Ive done all my editing within ZP. I do know on occasion I may upload images via my site but anything that I can do (easily) via ZP I will like changing names, adding descriptions, tags, etc.
  • Aknot Member
    Ok... My ISP has assured me no DB changes.

http://www.pentaxpics.com/gallery/virginia-safari-park/

Some of the stuff I did.

1. Virginia Safari Park had the first letters all uppercase. Now they are not.

2. The pictures were in a different order. The first 5 should have been ostrich types. Now the third is a camel and 5th is a deer type.

What could cause this? It appears to be ok for a time then it goes wacky.

Is there a way I can monitor DB changes?

Thanks for any help.
  • Ask your ISP. There may be a transaction log as part of the database. Zenphoto does not provide any change logs.

Of course, the changes are not necessarily in your database. For instance if the file names on disk change from mixed case to lowercase that would cause these problems. (See my first response.)

I can assure you that there is no way for Zenphoto do make such changes without some external action causing it.
  • Aknot Member
    Thanks again sbillard,

So as I read your previous post you state "This prsuemes you did not use Zenphoto to do the renaming--if you do that we know enought to preserve the metadata."

However Ive done it all (at least the last time) through ZP and the control panel/Admin area.

It is seeming more and more like my host which is pretty annoying since I just switched over to them and they are saying no.....

When I was asking about change logs I was more or less speakign in terms of anyway I can track it be it ZP, some other thrid party sw etc. jsut so I can provide something back to me host. :D
  • Aknot Member
    Ok I have put ostrich like birds at the very begining. Is it possible to see/know what in the database that controls this?

I have complete access and can see tables etc and can root around. I figure if I know what files etc in the DB area controls/saves the changes I jsut made I can monitor it a lot better.

Thanks again.
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Please note that your site is not using the current 1.4.1 release. We do expect that it is the current release if not told otherwise. Anyway, please upgrade first before we do anything further. We are not able to support older versions. (1.4.0.1 is not even the version before 1.4.1 btw).

The order of images is generally stored in the `sort_order` field. There are several options, a global one and one for each album.
  • Aknot Member
    Roger will update when I get back going out to snap. Thanks for that imformation BTW!
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Forgot to specify `sort_order`is of course used for hte manual sorting only. Sorting by title for example naturally uses the title..;-)
  • I just had a flash: did you configure Zenphoto to use the static HTML cache? If that's the case, all changes were made but are not displayed because you are served a cached page instead. Go on the "Overview" page, purge the static HTML cache and refresh metadata and/or database (not sure of the difference between these last two buttons).

If you haven't done so already, I would suggest you turn off the "static_html_cache" plugin during development phase as it has a very frustrating behaviour. The extension is useful after you have finished uploading and rearranging your photos.