zenBits Plugin

zenBits is a Zenphoto plugin for Bit.ly integration. As a matter of preference, I created due to Bit.ly flexibility and possibility for custom shortener domain.

zenBits creates an available template hook for the admin to add to their interface. When the page with the template hook is displayed, the function makes a call to the Bit.ly API. Provided that you set your username/api key properly, the results are then displayed where the template hook was added.

Shortened URLs are added to your Bit.ly history and saved for statistics and references (insights to see how many clicks your link got). Short URLs are not generated automatically upon content creation, they are only generated on content viewing.

Shortened URLs are created to whichever domain you have selected in your Bit.ly profile (bit.ly, bitly.com, j.mp).

Requirements

zenBits requires the following:
  • You must sign up for a Bit.ly account. (They're free!)
  • Your web host must provide cURL access to make the api call.
For more information, download, and instructions please visit the GitHub - HERE

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Great, right on with them plugins :-) Just to mention Zenphoto has also a built in short url. The tweet_news plugin for example uses that.
  • yeah, I prefer bit.ly over tinyurl, plus I wanted the template hook to display on the webpages (a feature I liked on my wordpress blog) so others can copy/paste easily and still give insights from my link
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Sure, just wanted to mention it as things can easily be overlooked.