Moving to a new server issues.

I am trying to move my zen album to a new server beause of ongoing issues at the current host.

I can not get zenphoto to create a backup of the database from within the admin page. So I wen to the MySql admin page and created a back up there.

I imported the back up tried running the setup on the new server and keep getting the following errors:

#1 The setup repeorts that ther eis no such file or directory whenI enter the database info in setup. I used the same database name etc. as the original installation.

#2 This message appears at the bottom of the setup page:
Fatal error: Class 'zpFunctions' not found in /data/12/1/117/25/1117840/user/1179433/htdocs/thurmontimages/zp-core/setup/index.php on line 1327

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    You should review your server error log to see why Zenphoto's own backup utility fails. This is the first you should always do if something seems not to work as intended.

But a direct backup via phpmyadmin or else should work as well. You need to upload all files first, then import the database and then run setup.

#1 Well, you moved to a new server so most likely the mysql server name changed. You need to enter that in the zenphoto cfg file you probably copied as well.

#2 We had users report this but we are not able to reproduce it so far. Make sure you uploaded all correctly and the file/folder permissions are correct (-> error log again).
  • Still having the same issue while trying to install:
    MySQL reported: No such file or directory

I have corrected the data base name several times.

Is there any one that can help me with this issue? I have hundreds of hours invested in my site and would be more than wiling to pay for assistance.

John A. Kinnaird
  • Just tried running setup again and this is the error log:

Zenphoto Setup v1.4.6[bbddab7675]: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 21:53:08 -0400
    Query error: No such file or directory
    Warn: zp-data security [is compromised] Zenphoto suggests you make the sensitive files in the zp-data folder accessable by owner only (permissions = 0600). The file permissions for setup.log are 0644 which may allow unauthorized access.
    Warn: PHP version 5.3.27-pl0-gentoo PHP Version 5.2 or greater is required. Version 5.4 or greater is strongly recommended. Use earlier versions at your own risk.
    Warn: PHP magic_quotes_gpc [is enabled] We strongly recommend disabling magic_quotes_gpc. For more information See What is magic_quotes_gpc and why should it be disabled? in the Zenphoto troubleshooting guide.
    Warn: PHP display_errors [is enabled] This setting may result in PHP error messages being displayed on WEB pages. These displays may contain sensitive information about your site.
    Warn: PHP setlocale() failed Locale functionality is not implemented on your platform or the specified locale does not exist. Language translation may not work.See the troubleshooting guide on zenphoto.org for details.
    Setting permissions (0664) for Zenphoto package.
    Post of Database credentials
    None of these are errors as their comments say and none would prevent you from installing Zenphoto. I can assure that it works on standard shared hosts.

Does your mysql password (or names) contain `<` or `>` maybe? In that case please change your password to not use these. Passwords are sanitized as well so these will be stripped and the password therefore will not work. See https://github.com/zenphoto/zenphoto/issues/842.

Also take a look at your Zenphoot config file. There is a line like `$conf['db_software'] = "MySQLi";` What does it say on yours?
  • I am about at my wits end! I have tried all your suggestions and have reloaded the setup files and data base several times and have checked the user name, database name etc. I still get the "no such file or directory" error.

Is it possible to purchase help with this installation?

I had the installation on another server and had repeated issues with permissions changing. The hosting place says that it appears the Zen is changing them and you tell me that the program will not change the permissions.

I have purchased another hosting package from a different host and can not get it to install.

The original installation on the other server now returns a redirect loop error when I try to open the site and I can not get the installation to run.

John
  • THis is the setup log from the most recent attempt:

enphoto Setup v1.4.5.9[12ad1f92fa]: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 23:31:44 -0400
    Warn: zp-data security [is compromised] Zenphoto suggests you make the sensitive files in the zp-data folder accessable by owner only (permissions = 0600). The file permissions for setup.log are 0644 which may allow unauthorized access.
    Warn: PHP version 5.3.27-pl0-gentoo PHP Version 5.2 or greater is required. Version 5.4 or greater is strongly recommended. Use earlier versions at your own risk.
    Warn: PHP magic_quotes_gpc [is enabled] We strongly recommend disabling magic_quotes_gpc. For more information See What is magic_quotes_gpc and why should it be disabled? in the Zenphoto troubleshooting guide.
    Warn: PHP display_errors [is enabled] This setting may result in PHP error messages being displayed on WEB pages. These displays may contain sensitive information about your site.
    Warn: PHP setlocale() failed Locale functionality is not implemented on your platform or the specified locale does not exist. Language translation may not work.See the troubleshooting guide on zenphoto.org for details.
    Geneal info about moving installations including content is found here:
    http://www.zenphoto.org/news/installation-and-upgrading#moving-existing-installations

What you posted are all warnings and no errors. Non of these prevent you from running Zenphoto.

I have no idea what this is. Are you sure you upload the Zenphoto contents correctly?

Warn: zp-data security [is compromised]
    Try to change the permissions via FPT. Or contact your host.

Warn: PHP magic_quotes_gpc [is enabled]
    This is a deprecated setting anyway and I cannot understand that still hosts have it enabled. Zenphoto should run with it for now but contact your host to disable it.

Warn: PHP display_errors [is enabled]
    It does what it says. Contact your host about that how to disable these as it depends how you can change those setting (php.ini, htaccess or host backend).

Warn: PHP setlocale() failed
    If you don't need the ZP backend in other langugages and don't want to run a multilingual site you can ignore this.

Btw, current version is 1.4.6.
  • `Query error: No such file or directory` indicates that your Zenphoto installation is having trouble connecting to the SQL server.

You should double-check that the database information in your Zenphoto config file is correct for your new host. If it is, and you're still seeing the error, you will need to get in touch with your host to figure out why the database appears to be missing to Zenphoto.
    Right, thanks…