paged_thumbs_nav: thumbs links for dynamic album images point to static albums

bic Member, Translator
Hi people, finally I'm trying to update my version of zenphoto. I'm still using v1.4.4 in my production site, because changes made to dynamic albums, since v1.4.5, have broken the links on thumbs in paged_thumbs_nav, as in title, and I never found the time to investigate for a solution. The links now bring the user out from the dynamic album where the images virtually belong, landing him to the static album where they actually belong.
I've searched the forum, but found no recent entries about paged_thumbs_nav. Probably no one noticed this problem before?

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Dynamic albums have been changed in either 1.4.5 or 1.4.6 so images within have indeed the urls of the dynamic album. This enables to actually link to an image of an dynamic album instead of arriving on the real albums.

I will take a look if I can reproduce this as the plugin should stay in context but might be we missed an update there. paged_thumb_nav seems not to be widely used. You could try the newer bxslider plugin instead for now.
  • bic Member, Translator
    Yes, that's the point! Thumb's links are still using the url of the static albums.

Do you plan to drop the plugin or to keep it updated? I'll have a look to bxslider, thanks.
  • bic Member, Translator
    I'm afraid that bxslider has the same problem. Links are pointing to static albums urls.
    No, we have no intention to drop the paged_thumbs_nav. Actually jCarousel is to be dropped sometime as the script based on is not developed. That why we have bxslider.

But good that you mention it bxslider indeed is wrong as well. Those for sure bugs in both plugins

Btw `getCustomImage()` gets the url to an image but not for the link to the image page.
  • bic Member, Translator
    yes, i was wrong on it. Edited, it is `getLink()`.
    Yes, correctly. I will have to investigate this a bit.
    I think I fixed the links in all three plugins. Please try. But note one limitation of these new urls: You cannot have images of the same name but from different albums in a dynamic album anymore. Well, you can but it confuses the technique completely as they all have the same url then.
  • bic Member, Translator
    Thanks acrlylian!
    I've tested both PTN and BXS, and they work properly now. Which is the third plugin?

The same name in a dynamic album will probably never happen, I hope ;). Anyway, just to know, you are talking about the filename, right?

Edit: of course you are. Thanks again!
    Indeed, I meant the filename ;-)

The third plugin is the above mentioned jCarousel plugin. Even if it is more or less silently deprecated it should work as long as we have it ;-)

Thanks for testing and pointing out. We are dependent on users using the stuff so we don't miss issues like these.