Italian translation needs an update. I can help if you wish.

bic Member, Translator
Since 1.4.5, comment form and contact form have dropped the table structure, so the .po entries containing the old html, are not translated anymore by gettext. I guess it's not a translation work that is needed, just some replacements to reflect the new html structure, so everybody can do the update. Anyway, if the italian translator is not active anymore on this project, and no one else can/wants to work on this, I can offer my contribute, starting after next week, cause I'm leaving tomorrow for winter holidays. :)

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Of course, contribution is always welcome. Best read the translation tutorial about hopw that works. Just changing .po-file is not enough.
  • bic Member, Translator
    I have some small experience with poedit, because I translated a theme for wordpress a couple of years ago. But what about the current italian translator, is he still involved in this project?
    That's good. No I don't think our former Italian translator is active anymore. As of the embeded version it is current with 1.4.4 so last contribution is over two years old.

But regardless since it all goes via GitHub more than one can work on it.
  • bic Member, Translator
    Yes, good point. Then I'll have a look on this asap, after next week.
  • bic Member, Translator
    There are almost one thousand entries to be translated or in fuzzy state, it will take some time. I've stared this morning.
    Sure, take your time and you don't need to do or commit all at once. Maintaining the German translation I am really grateful I don't have to start fresh …
  • bic Member, Translator
    I've created a pull request. The translation is complete, although some of the translations could be not really perfect, because I'm not so familiar with all of the Zenphoto code. If someone has suggestions to improve the translation, and can't/want not do the job himself, please contact me through my mail address on GitHub or through the contact form on my web site:
    http://www.antonioranesi.it/page/contact
    That's much faster than expected! Thanks very much, very appreciated.
  • bic Member, Translator
    I'm always happy to give my small contribute when I can.

If it is ok with the license and it is ok for you, I can also place a download link to the translation files on my web site, in the mean time that the next version is released. I suppose that italian users are having problems expecially with contact form and comment form.
    Great, there will surely be updates required ;-) Please see my comment on the pull request as I couldn't use it directly.

Sure, you can place download links as you like or even host them yourself if you wish.
  • bic Member, Translator
    Of course I will try to keep the translation updated, as long as I can.

BTW, the download link is here http://www.antonioranesi.it/news/traduzione-ita-zenphoto-1.4.7
    Thanks, will post about it soon.