my locale translations are not uses

vincent3569 Member, Translator

hi
the locale translations of my zpBootstrap theme are not used on my zenphoto test site.
the locale translations of my other themes are well used on this site.
all works well on my zenphoto prod site.

any idea where this issue is coming from ?

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    edited October 2017

All languages or just specific ones? Does that server really have the locales matching those locales?

If you want to use a French translation and the locale is not installed on the server it will not work. In any case please link the site in question.

• vincent3569 Member, Translator

on my test site, I have 2 themes : zpArdoise and zpBoostrap.

with zpArdoise, theme translations via gettext_th('text to translate', 'zpArdoise'); works fine for all translations (with french, my natural speaking, but with german and dutch too).

with zpBootstrap, theme translations via gettext_th('text to translate', 'zpBootstrap'); doesn't works for any translation provided (french, german and dutch).

I am unable to see where is the issue.

edited October 2017

That's strange if it is the same server which prooves the locales itself are not the issue.

The usual question: Any errors in logs? Is the theme really setup with the translations correctly like folder structure correct etc?

• vincent3569 Member, Translator

as usual, you point me to the right direction...

my files structure was wrong: not locale files structure, but the folder name of my theme : as I create it manually, I wrote zpBoostrap rather than zpBootstrap ("t" is missing).
    so gettext_th('text to translate', 'zpBootstrap'); doesn't find the right folder structure...

thanks

edited October 2017

Oh, that's one of these lovely typos you can look at a dozen times without noticing! Great it works now!