Migration Gallery3 to ZenPhoto

wibbi Member
edited February 2018 in General support

Hello,
has anyone here experience with the migration from Gallery3 to Zenphoto? Now that I have tested ZenPhoto and found it very good, I want to migrate my Gallery3 to ZenPhoto. There are ~ 15,000 photos.
I found the Nirvana Python script.
http://www.zenphoto.org/news/nirvana-gallery3-to-zenphoto-migration/
Has anyone used that? Is there anything special to consider?

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

I cannot say anything about that script. We had some former Gallery3 users here, maybe they read here.

But if I recall right Gallery3 is also file system based. So you could just copy your existing album structure via FTP to your Zenphoto install's root albums folder and they will be recognized. Of course no data entered in Gallery3 - which this script should help with - but metadata embedded (as you know already I guess).

• OK, MarkRH did not use the script, but his own, which he did not publish. Relationally, he has written all the titles and descriptions in the IPTC image files. I do not intend to do that.

A little weird about Zenphoto is that the title and description are stored in the database as objects / arrays (because of the Multilingual). That makes the handling difficult. You have to remember to change to another CMS repeatedly at some point. Many special features make it difficult. Better is always as easy as possible. I change for the third time.

Try to contact @MarkRH who possibly even reads here and maybe he can provide the scripts he used or even some other help.

• Sorry, I do not mean to make it like MarkRH.

Well, but nevertheless he might be able to help you a bit…

• OK, many thanks.

• I just saw this, FYI.