button CSS in themes

wibbi Member

I found this and im not happy.
It's very difficult to style buttons to the default CSS. Every browser have your own default style. There is no "default" CSS rule. "unset", "initial" or "inherit" don't switch to the default back.

/themes/basic/common.css

/* standard buttons */
button:hover,.buttons a:hover {
    text-decoration: none;
    background-color: #dff4ff;
    border: 1px solid #CBCBCB;
    color: #FF8A00;
}

Maybe only one point is missing?
Please never do that again!

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

Not sure what you are exactly complaining about… Of course browsers and systems have their own way of displaying certain html elements like buttons. But sometimes it is necessary to style buttons and it is possible via background/border etc. Never had problems. Besides these themes are all a bit old and generally not developed anymore so things are not up to everything current.

You can always create your own theme with your own custom styles. Zenphoto does not make any requirements what css to use.

• wibbi Member

OK.
    I mean...
    When you use button:hover, your style all buttons. And there is no way to style it back to the default. Please use further not the HTML tag "button" for styling buttons, but rather a "id" or "class" in the button, and all is fine.

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

Ah, okay. Yes, I agree that is not good practice nowadays. Be assured any new theme made will not do this. Sometimes a general addressing is pragmatically easier (in case you cannot assign a specific class for some reason) but then we would use something like .someclass > button for sure so it is not global.