Maximum number of images and galleries per user

Hello to the community!
Searching in admin area of a freshly installed Zenphoto, I have not seen how to limit the number of images that a user can upload and have in your personal album.

The need is to have (or permit to set) only 1 album per user with a max of 10 images per user in that album.
Is that possible?

Thanks in advance to all,
David

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

Take a look at this included plugin: http://www.zenphoto.org/news/quota_manager/

• davidpb Member

Thank you acrylian for quick response!
    Already activated user quota plugin, but I can set only two param in plugin setup: allow .zip and default quota (in Kb). I am missing some setting?

Thanks again!
    David

Sorry, I admit I haven't used this for some time myself. It is need only a size quote which you can also set on each user accout individually.

There is an actually unsupported plugin for this task: http://www.zenphoto.org/news/image_upload_limiter/
    Not sure if it still works but give it a try nevertheless.

• davidpb Member

Thank you!
    David

Let me know if it still works.

• davidpb Member

Malte, unfortunately image_upload_limiter does not work. It cannot be activated (checkbox is hidden) and it says that quota_manager is already active. Even though I can set up number of images per album and avoid new album creation, it seems not working. User has no limit on images...and album also.

This is the end? :-)

Thanks for your interest,
    David

edited May 2018

I can only suggest to disable the quota_manager. Quote/size limiting and image number limiting are different concepts so that might be the reason those don't work together.

• davidpb Member

Wait a second... it seems working without quota manager. Great!
    So I have to find another way to set upload quota?
    What do you think if I place a customized php.ini (with post_max_size set to 10 MB) at the root of zenphoto folder, to override the default values from remote server (24MB)?

Yes, if you just like to prevent that people upload huge files then that is the best.

The quota_limiter actually limits the max size allowed per album in total, not the limit per file upload itself

• davidpb Member

Hi!
    From php.ini I have resolved max_size as said before.

It seems working but taking a look at debug tab, it prints this:

EXCEPTION (8192): Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; uploadlimit has a deprecated constructor in /home/accanew/public_html/gall/plugins/image_upload_limiter.php on line 33

require_once called from require_once (load_objectClasses.php [35])

from require_once (functions.php [33])

from require_once (admin-functions.php [8])

from require_once (admin-globals.php [15])

from admin-logs.php [8]

Should I make some corrections at the given lines or can I safely ignore it?

Thanks for your great support!
    David

Yes, that is a common warning on newer PHP versions, it does nothing currently besides warning. But quite easily fixed. Get the new version here :smile:https://www.zenphoto.org/news/image_upload_limiter/ (note: new url to download!)

• davidpb Member

This is awesome!!!

Thank you Malte.

I hope this thread will help other users.
    David