custom theme in album subfloders ?

Hi,

I cannot run video (with player and class_video) with the theme I use (zpbootstrap).
I have noticed that it is possible to associate a specific theme to an album folder (other than principal theme).

It could be a solution to workaround a theme limitation: for me, the ability to show a video subfolder in the album.
Not as great as beeing able to insert a video between photos, but, a workaround ...

Maybe there is other solution ?

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

I am not familar with this theme so I cannot answer why this theme should not support videos within albums. Surely the theme author @vincent3569 can help here.

Another way to so called album themes is the "multiple_layouts" plugin which is just a different page layout (it needs to be created first of course) within a theme. IMHO the preferred way.

To already collect some info for Vincent, what is the actual issue when you try a video?

• vincent3569 Member, Translator

I noticed that it is possible to assign a specific theme for the root-albums of the gallery, but it is not possible for sub-albums.

why this limit?

I cannot answer right now because I never use(d) this function myself and prefer the mutliple layouts ways (the album theme way is much older). Probably same reason why currently rights can only be assigned to top level albums. It makes things simpler with inheritance if you know that you only have to check the toplevel.

• mikapi Member
    edited June 2018

Zpbootstrap just display "error" instead displayng jpayer interface.
    I will try to understand how the multiple layouts works, and how it can help me. thanks.

What does the debug log of Zenphoto say? Or the php server error log?

• mikapi Member

I cannot see relative error nor in journaux/deboggage nor in the error logs from my host( if it is the right place to serach for).
    I also noticed that zpbootstrap do not read .gif .

Gif support is a core PHP matter of the graphics library used on your server. That will be either GD (default normally) or Imagick. Check if the one used really has support for gif.

• vincent3569 Member, Translator
    edited June 2018

Yes, for .gif files, it is not related to my theme:
    see examples of .gif and .png files here:
    http://www.vincentbourganel.fr/images/illustrations/carte-co.gif.html
    http://www.vincentbourganel.fr/images/illustrations/responsive-icon.png.html

and for the 1sst matter, with the relevant plugins (jplayer and class_video) I can display and read .mp3 files.

I will have a try a soon as possible with common video files