1.5 setup only in german

Hello, i will test the zenphoto 1.5 and have problems.
The first problem is, the setup is only in language german. whit querystring ?locale=whatever there is only blank pages.
The next problem is the "create database", it's not work. The zenphoto.cfg.php was updated, but the database not created. "Unknown database '...'".
PHP 7.

Tags:

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

I am sorry, I don't understand the setup in German issue and what querystring you are referring to. There is a small issue with a constant for the protocol not correctly defined in setup. Maybe that is what you encounter.

Zenphoto can only create a database if your server allows to create it. Probably your's as the majority of hosts does not allow it. You need to create it yourseflf beforehand. This is neither new nor has this been changed.

• wibbi Member
    edited June 2018

via the command line i can create databases. I also do not know that it would be forbidden by PHP. It is not a major host service. It's a hoster for selfprogramming people.

In the setup-page in the footer are flags for languages wich create URL querystring, but by clicking, only a blank page is open. Standard is german and works.

On blank pages the first you should do is review your PHP error log. What does it say?

• wibbi Member
    edited June 2018
    {2009:Wed, 20 Jun 2018 16:14:25 GMT}
      NOTICE: Use of undefined constant PROTOCOL - assumed 'PROTOCOL' in /var/www/virtual/xxx/html/zp-core/reconfigure.php on line 36
      reconfigureAction called from require_once (functions-basic.php [162])
        from require_once (functions.php [17])
          from include (index.php [14])
            from index.php [31]
    {20799:Wed, 20 Jun 2018 16:58:03 GMT}
      NOTICE: session_start(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/lib/php-sessions) failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/virtual/xxx/html/zp-core/functions-basic.php on line 1575
      session_start called from zp_session_start (functions-basic.php [1575])
        from require_once (admin-globals.php [14])
          from admin-plugins.php [9]

PHP server log was not enabled.

The notice is the issue we already know about. The 2nd one is permissions you (or your host) probably need to try to fix.