errors during setup

vincent3569 Member, Translator
edited October 2018 in General support

hi

I often have "red crosses" during setup process (on Mod_Rewrite check, Theme setup or Plugin setup).

In that case, I have an entry in my debug log:

{31677:Fri, 05 Oct 2018 14:53:43 GMT} Zenphoto v1.5
EXCEPTION (0): Call to a member function query() on boolean in /.../public_html/zenphoto__test/zp-core/functions-db-MySQLi.php on line 73

what could be the matter?

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

Heard about that but I could never really reproduce it.

The line in question refers to this one within that method itself:
    if ($result = @$_zp_DB_connection->query($sql)) {…} so somehow $_zp_DB_connection is not an object but a boolean value (Which the original author expected to happen thus the @). That would happen if the db connection is not there for example. Why that happens on your setup I have no idea…

• vincent3569 Member, Translator

this issue is an headhache for me.
    the bad effect is that some options values (mainly for plugins) are lost: it looks like a fresh install.

is there a way to add some debug code?

I will take a look at it as soon as I can. There is nothing else in the logs?

edited October 2018

Hi
    I have a look on error log of my provider.

I found this:

[Tue Oct 09 21:25:17.217904 2018] [core:error] [pid 16962:tid 140193417819904] (13)Permission denied: [client 90.66.62.35:0] AH00132: file permissions deny server access: /.../public_html/zenphoto/zp-data/t\xc3\xa9st.jpg, referer: https://www.vincentbourganel.fr/zp-core/setup/index.php

with that issue, I have lost all my api key for google map (maybe others data than I can't see).

edited October 2018

That's as it says some file permission error. Is zp-data/t\xc3\xa9st.jpg your test image for special chars?

Anway, Fretzl and I had a conversation about the original error as he gets this on his live host (and only there) occasionally. He could narrow it down to a mysql server limitation of max_user_connections. Meaning too many db requests at the time. Certainly setup does a lot especially on the db upgrade sections. Probably time to cleanup all the upgrade stuff for stone age releases by now.

Here is a way described to find out what value your server has set:
    https://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/47131/how-to-get-rid-of-maximum-user-connections-error

test image file is called tést.jpg
    but it seems not to be the right way for this issue and you are probably in the right direction with max_user_connections.

as far I can see, SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'max_user_connections';gives me 30 as a result.

I will have a look with my host.

according to me, setup process should take care about this limit and goes slowly if necessary.
    i will create a ticket, to not forget.

edited October 2018

No need for a ticket. We will try to look into this but setup is not the easiest part of Zenphoto. So it might take a while and not be for 1.5.1 which will be released soon.

too late...
    but like that, we (me, you and others) don't forget (a message from the forum sometimes falls into oblivion).

this error corrupts the instal process (openstreetmap plugin and maybe other, do not work well after setup)
    maybe this ticket https://github.com/zenphoto/zenphoto/issues/1197 was a tree hiding the forest...

Sure, but we do have an internal list besides the tickets, too ;)

I don't think this has to do with that OSM ticket.

edited October 2018

of course, I have a look before writing that.
    the wrong setup reset my default layer and there is no markers displayed.
    I have to manually set this value to make it work again.

All right, I did not see this issue but I did encounter some options being reset. Didn't make the connection somehow.

btw, my host can't change the value of max_user_connections.
    so, I am really affected by this issue.

Probably no provider will allow that on "shared hosting" plans.