Album Password

kci5477 Member
edited December 2018 in General support

I have read all the forum issues regarding Album Passwords. I have tried most of them. I did not do the ones that required script changes. They were using a much older version then me. I am using Zenphoto version 1.5 (Official build).

I use a password on a specific album. I have tried with and without user names. I have tried complicated passwords.

When you logout and go to kemper.us/zenphoto you will see a lock icon on the album. When you click it you get an error that says This page isn’t working kemper.us didn’t send any data.
ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

I have tried different browsers, I have cleared the cache and cookies and etc.

Also when you click on the lock icon you get this login screen that looks different than the admin screen. This screen has a pink color background square. If you try to enter the admin name and password you get the same issue.

I have even tried using Username with Password and leave username blank and only use password.

I have tried using a hint and not hint.

I have noticed more times than not when you make a change on the Album Password link and you make changes the APPLY button does not turn Green like it does on other pages you make changes. I cannot find specific steps that reproduces it. When putting text in the hint filed it turns the apply button turns green more often but no all the time. I which I could reproduce the steps for this as you would be able to look at fixing it easier.

Can someone help me? www.kemper.us/zenphoto

Kemper

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    edited December 2018

We will see if we can reproduce any issues with album passwords.

But before hand:

Also when you click on the lock icon you get this login screen that looks different than the admin screen.

Yes, since the form is a front end form to access this album. This is not the same as logging in. Although the credentials of a user with rights to see the album (an master admin for example) would also work.

have noticed more times than not when you make a change on the Album Password link and you make changes the APPLY button does not turn Green like it does on other pages you make changes.

Yes, because the password forms are not monitored for changes by the script used anymore. It caused trouble for a lot people causing to trigger false positives on form changes (since password forms are often hidden, too). So they were excluded.

In any case please review the Zenphoto debug log for any isssue and also the browser console log in case any other issue is interfering. If you can also review the server PHP error log.

• kci5477 Member
    edited December 2018

No you only get the different logon screen after you go to that album and click on the lock icon within the album thumbnail picture. If you click the lock icon within the admin program to set the password for that album you get the standard fields to complete. Username, password, check box to see password, password hint, and etc.

You cannot use admin username and password from the screen that you get when clicking on the thumbnail of the album you want to access.

I will look at the logs.

Log
    {3137800:Sat, 08 Dec 2018 16:10:39 GMT}

WARNING: chdir(): No such file or directory (errno 2) in /home/kemperlmartin/public_html/kemper.us/zenphoto/zp-core/reconfigure.php on line 247

chdir called from protectSetupFiles (reconfigure.php [247])

from admin.php [22]

The folder and reconfigure.php are there.

edited December 2018

We'll look to reproduce the issue your logs mentions.

However with your other description I fear I don't understand what you mean exactly.

The album passwords itself are for the front end only, for viewing it. For viewing and editing an album on the backend you need to have the appropiate user rights to do so.

• kci5477 Member
    edited December 2018

Regarding login I think I am just using the wrong terms. I think I understand what you mean. I will password protect one of my albums and you can see the difference between an Admin Back End log in vs. the login to access this album. But I think you see something might be causing a problem in the scripts. kemper.us/zenphoto
    You will see the album with the lock in the thumbnail.

The temp username is Ryland Password is QQ1234

edited December 2018

I just quickly tried and I get a blank page with an error that the page cannot be opened. You should normally end on the album itself after logging into that album.

I have no idea currently. But I see that you must be one of the rare users that don't use modrewrite nowadays. Our focus is always on using modrewrite since virtually no one would use otherwise. We'll will try to reproduce it.

I just quickly setup a passwowrd protected album on our own site:
    https://www.zenphoto.org/test/ (it's unpublished so not listed anywhere)
    PW tester | $tester18

Works as expected for me. Can't test non modrewrite there but will locally later.

• kci5477 Member
    edited December 2018

I am trying to do somethings with the .htaccess file. I just do not know what to put into it so it gets rid of the error that is in the log. I see godaddy posts about it but they do not show you how to edit the .htaccess file with what code to make mod-rewrite work and what directories. I have tried the .htaccess file from the core folder but it did not fix the problem. I am sure something in the code is not write. I just need help finding it.

I am sorry. I tried reproducing your error but I can't. Even with modrewrite disabled all works here on my test install.

Regarding the error above:

WARNING: chdir(): No such file or directory (errno 2) in /home/kemperlmartin/public_html/kemper.us/zenphoto/zp-core/reconfigure.php on line 247

That would mean that the folder/directory zp-core/setup/ is missing. Perhaps you should try a re-upload of

Alternatively you can also try the support build.

• kci5477 Member
    edited December 2018

OK I have reinstall and I have the zp-core/setup/ folder but all the files in that folder end with .xxx I removed the .xxx and I still get the same error when I add a password to an album.

Log Below. It is different this time.
    EXCEPTION (0): Call to undefined method setup::folderPermissions() in /home/kemperlmartin/public_html/kemper.us/photo/zp-core/setup/setup_permissions_changer.php on line 18

{1597259:Sat, 15 Dec 2018 17:16:17 GMT}

EXCEPTION (0): Call to undefined method setup::folderPermissions() in /home/kemperlmartin/public_html/kemper.us/photo/zp-core/setup/setup_permissions_changer.php on line 18

edited December 2018

The .xxx suffix is correct as setup files are proteced after setup has been run.

If you used the support build you actually just found a bug. Setup recently had been restructured and this one function has indeed been forgotten…

edited December 2018

Please try the support build again, this issue should be fixed.

BTW, the error is not related to album passwords as setup has nothing to do with it.

• I deleted everything. Even the database. I created different directories, usernames, passwords, database, and etc. Install the 1.5 support build. Now get no log errors but you cannot still access a password protected Album. Also if you try to log into that protected album you still cannot access it via the album password dialog popup. You can access when in the control panel and you click on View Gal. How do I proceed? www.kemper.us/photos/

For now disable the popup diablog by disabling the colorbox plugin.

Otherwise I have no idea since I cannot reproduce the issue. Sorry…

• It also gives me the same error if you click on the view slide show link. this did not do this until i installed the support version. Maybe this helps you. I will try what you suggest above.

edited December 2018

Sorry, what error do you get when clicking the slideshow button? The undefined method one above? That cannot be, that's not involved in the slideshow.

I am sorry, I fear something seems really to go wrong on your webspace…

• You support has been great! I hope to find a solution. If I find the problem I will post the fix. I think you are right. I am sure it has to do with the godaddy hosting. I get different errors if I use their installer, instalatron, or install direct. I will keep trying different things. I will post the solution if I find it.

edited December 2018

Thanks. I hope you find anything, too. The preferred way is to install via the instructions on our site. These installer helpers are know to not always work correctly since they are a bit generic to cover all sorts of tools.