how to use menu_manager

vincent3569 Member, Translator

Hi
I tried to use menu_manager plugin with standard zenpage theme.
but it doesn't work and I allways have the standard menu defined with sidebar.php.

can you explain how to use menu_manager?

Tags:

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    edited February 2019

Works as expected for me. The Zenpage theme expects a menu set named "zenpage" which you have to select on the menu manager backend page first (there are some theme sets predefined and even onf of the removed Eff+ theme) and then add menu items to it.

Then the standard automatic menu entries are removed. However it might be that what you see is the default menu set entries that the theme creates on first setup. That basically uses the default functions. You would see that on the menu set.

• vincent3569 Member, Translator

ok, that's my mistake.
    I forgot to set the option Use custom menu of zenpage theme.

a little disturbing as behavior: usually, we just activate a plugin for it to be used. here, in addition to activating the plugin and defining custom menu, we must also activate it in the theme options.

a little disturbing as behavior: usually, we just activate a plugin for it to be used.

There are a lot of plugins where you even have to modify your theme to see anything happening. In this case it is a double check so you can perhaps setup a menu set before actully using it (at least that is what I think why it has been done that way years ago).

• vincent3569 Member, Translator

Of course, I was speaking about official themes, supporting this plugin.
    I understand your double checking, but as far I can see, there is no info about it. According to me, a warning like "you may have to enable the menu in theme options" in menu tab would be more clear and less confusing.

We could consider that but can't we expected to check/view theme options before using a theme? I mean we can't put out notes for everything. That could be a lot of notes if you would do this consequently ;)