Upgrade to 1.5.2

tplowe56 Member
edited May 2019 in General support

I upgraded to 1.5.2 on my local server and my live server. Both are running fine. I used the support build issued after the 1.5.2 release.

The local upgrade went perfect. (W10 Xampp)

The web upgrade on my live server (Godaddy shared) seemed to hang, and I eventually I had to close the page and reload, to get a result. The end result was an upgrade to 1.5.2 but it did not go thorough the normal upgrade sequence. It did the initial assessment fine, but after I clicked "go", I never had any evidence that the upgrade was happening.

The setup log did not have anything that pointed to the hangup I experienced, (other than this: Warn: Zenphoto core folders [Some unknown files were found] You should remove the following files: zp-core/setup/error_logDelete extra files)

Running fine but I thought I should give a report. Not sure what happened, maybe other users will have different results to report.

Otherwise great work everyone.

Thanks!!

Tags:

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

We are aware of setup issue especially on fresh installs.
    https://github.com/zenphoto/zenphoto/issues/1238

Please try the support build.

Setup uses cURL to display the icons of the progress. For some reasons on some web servers these are not displayed one after another (as on my local and our live server) but somehow buffered and shown all at once. We have not found out why servers behave that different. In any case the setup log will note about any issues.

• ctdlg Member

Thanks for the hard work and the upgrades.

Running 1.5.1, I'll download and try 1.5.2 first on my localhost computer.

But then please try the support build (1.5.3b) instead.

• ctdlg Member

Upgraded today to 1.5.3b.
    No issue.
    Thank you.

Note : I'm always a bit nervous when upgrading, but I think it's important to keep a website updated.

I'm always a bit nervous when upgrading, but I think it's important to keep a website updated.

I understand and I am too ;-) However support builds like 1.5.3b normally should not be used on an important live site. There might be unfinished changes or features. In this case it is okay since not that much changed since 1.5.2 a week ago.

We generally recommend to have a local or live staging site ("Mirror site") to try first in any case even with actual releasess. I do this with any site (or CMS) I update.

• ctdlg Member

I agree with you,
    I tried 1.5.3 on my loclahost machine first.
    And I checked functionalities before upgrading my live site.