Admin URL Redirect Problems.

Greetings,

After my installation of the software, if I decided to log out of the admin URL and then attempt to log back in, it redirects to a location missing a '/', example:

domain.comadmin-users.php/

After this, I have to restart the installation process just to access the admin URL again. It will access the login screen okay, but after I click to login, that is when the redirect issue occurs and you cannot get back into the admin URL.

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    edited June 2019

Yes, thanks, known issue, it had already two tickets on GitHub and is fixed in the support build already. Zenphoto 1.5.4 coming soon to officially fix this.

You are actually logged in successfully, just the URL is redirected wrongfully. Just access /admin on your install to get to the backend directly.

• zike Member

Update: Changing the theme seemed to provide me a solution.

The theme has nothing to do with this issue actually.

• zike Member

Ah, well if it wasn't the theme, then I am just thankful is started to working normally :)

Perhaps the theme used the login-out plugin differently. The issue seems not to happen if it demands the Colorbox popup was.
    In any case the wrong redirection is/was a core issue that sneaked in while fixing other things ;-)

• edited June 2019

I think I am having the same problem. Brand-new installation of 1.5.3 with everything default/recommended settings. Attempting to access

*.net/zenphoto/zp-admin/

gives: "Zenphoto Error: the requested object was not found. Album: zp-admin."

Attempting to log in from

*.net/zenphoto/zp-core/admin.php

then redirects to

*.netzenphoto/zp-core/admin.php

with a "This site can’t be reached." error (broken URL due to missing slash).

However, I did find a workaround. If I log in from

*.net/zenphoto/zp-core/admin-users.php

(NOT from < /zp-core/admin.php >) and then go to

*.net/zenphoto/

I can then access < /zp-core/admin.php > by clicking "Admin" in the top-right corner.

• Not sure if it is related, but there seems to be another bug whereby if you are logged into Zenphoto on HTTPS, when you log out, it redirects to HTTP. It should stay on HTTPS ideally.

As already said the redirection error is already fixed in the support build.

The https redirection I cannot reproduce, works on our site. But our site does that redirection server side by default.