Setup script start during normal gallery browsing after update

Hi
I just updated my gallery to 1.5.4 version and after that from time to time I can see very slow uploading of gallery and from time to time setup script is started when I just want to go from one image page to another. If I am not signed I have to sing in to my account. If I back to ealier page and reload page everything works ok. After several pages and albums that happening again setup script is started.

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

The script does not run automatically anymore actually. You might see a message about a setup run request but only if something changed on the system or the install (just as before). This message can be discarded but will re-appear until you ran setup again (also as before basically).

If that is not what you see please describe more details. I have never encountered this.

• mironb Member
    edited August 2019

In my webpage it starting automatically from time to time during normal browsing on different pages. Any idea why ? You can check on http://fotostacja.pl but it happens randomly.
    I get something like thios in url:
    https://fotostacja.pl/galeria/zp-core/setup/index.php?autorun=gallery
    Now I deleted setup folder so I get 404 message

edited August 2019

I cannot review this myself because as a normal visitor I should never see anything from setup!

Now I deleted setup folder so I get 404 message

You should not delete the setup folder actually, it is automatically protected, or anything within zp-core.

You should get a notice why setup runs again. Actually it would only run automatically on very specific occasions. Please review your setup log regarding this.

This is not a usual behaviour.

• mironb Member
    edited August 2019

If I am a normal user I just get page with login possibility and after login setup starts. Where can I find setup log ?

If I am a normal user I just get page with login possibility and after login setup starts.

Then something serious is detected and you normally should just run setup and it will be gone. But without details I cannot say much.

You find all Zenphoto logs on their own backend tab respective the files itself within /zp-data like

• mironb Member
    edited August 2019

Most serious problem in the setup.log is that I have mysql 5.1 not 5.5 Can it be the reason ?

Not really. This kind of setup request triggers on changes if for example your host raises the mysql version or the like. But then you would get a notice first. Or if the Zenphoto install itself changes.

If you like send me a mail directly and perhaps grant me access to the site. I guess I need to "see" it.

• mironb Member
    edited August 2019

I can't create new user I get blank page when I am trying to add you as administrator. I just send you PM. I restored normal setup folder to my webpage

• Problem with setup script was solved after upgrading hosting to php 7.3

Great!