Introduction

Hey. Just starting to use ZenPhoto and hope all goes well as I want to put my galleries on my sites built on Dreamweaver.

I have put a database successfully, now I need to know how I can login in to Zenphoto. Will favourite it once I know how to use it and using MAMP as a local server if that helps.

Thinking ahead how do you put the gallery/ies onto a web page and do you use your own css for arrows, pages, etc or is there some to use?

Kind Regards

Eddie

Tags:

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

Welcome. You login via pathtoyourinstallation/admin.

If you want to make Zenphoto look like your site you will have to learn how to create (or modify) a theme to match it. Please read the tutorial here: https://www.zenphoto.org/news/theming-tutorial/

• Sorry, what is the pathtoyourinstallation? where do you find the admin folder?

• fretzl Administrator, Developer

It's either something like www.yoursite.org/admin or www.yoursite.org/zp-core/admin.php
    There is no admin folder.

• Ok, I found the file, one last thing. Does it need to be on the remote server? Currently on the testing server.

• fretzl Administrator, Developer
    edited February 2020

Yes it does. It needs to be present in every installation.

• Ok, I have moved this into my remote server but went I go in to typed in my web browser, it comes up with a 404 error- file or directory not found. Website is woldfarmshooting.co.uk

edited February 2020

I have moved this into my remote server

I am not sure what you mean by this. You cannot just "move" something somewhere. You need to install Zenphoto as described on any server you wish to use it. https://www.zenphoto.org/news/installation-and-upgrading/

• From my testing server to remote server, thought that was obvious. Do I have to do the whole reinstall again?!

Of course.

• Fine, can I use the MySQL database that I have already created or do I need to do a new one?

You cannot use the one from your local testing server using MAMP with your remote server. Those are entirely different things.

You need to setup a database as your webhost tells for the actual (remote) server. Then you could import the database form the local install. But please carefully re-read the info on our site as is basically the "migrating to another server" procedure.