Mysterious random error messages

The following random messages appear when accessing my albums.

ZenPhoto has detected a change in your installation
Your installation has moved from /home4/k*****s/b*******.com/ to /home3/k*****s/b*******.com/
The script SIGNATURE_HASH has changed
The change is critical. You must run setup for your site to function
Run Setup Ignore, I know what I'm doing

As far as I can recall there was no "home4" in the original installlation. I have tried running setup.php as suggested (several times) plus setup/restore scripts,but it always refers back to using the setup files for 1.5.6 etc. which in fact I am doing. And if I continue, the random error continues to appear. I 've examined the database using both the builtin.php too as well as PhpMyAadmin, but can see no reason for some images to produce the errors as shown. I've also examined the config.php's, and again can't find where it may be picking up this "home4" problem.

Any help would be appreciated. Love the prog, as do my clients.

TIA, Bogo

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

Zenphoto checks some info about your install and if these changes it suggests to run like version changes on PHP, MySQL or similar. The info in your case refers to the server path on your server.

Your installation has moved from /home4/k*****s/b*******.com/ to /home3/k*****s/b*******.com/

Could be that your host changed something internal, you don't necessary "see" the full path. After re-running setup this should not happen again unless something new changes. Please also review your debug logs and the server PHP error log for possible other errors.

• Thanks for your input, acrylian. Setup won't run because it says it needs setup files from 1.5.6 - but these are what it already has, so I have a circular situation. I can't access server PHP logs, but the following is from the error log. Maybe this gives a clue?

[02-Mar-2020 14:09:19 Pacific/Auckland] PHP Warning: chdir(): No such file or directory (errno 2) in /home/kenbeats/public_html/bogo-mipps.com/gallery/zp-core/setup.php on line 26
    [02-Mar-2020 17:20:09 Pacific/Auckland] PHP Fatal error: The Zenphoto configuration file is corrupt. You will need to restore it from a backup. in /home/kenbeats/public_html/bogo-mipps.com/gallery/zp-core/functions-common.php on line 300
    [02-Mar-2020 17:21:11 Pacific/Auckland] PHP Warning: chdir(): No such file or directory (errno 2) in /home/kenbeats/public_html/bogo-mipps.com/gallery/zp-core/setup.php on line 26
    [02-Mar-2020 17:23:53 Pacific/Auckland] PHP Warning: chdir(): No such file or directory (errno 2) in /home/kenbeats/public_html/bogo-mipps.com/gallery/zp-core/setup.php on line 26
    [02-Mar-2020 17:25:24 Pacific/Auckland] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/kenbeats/public_html/bogo-mipps.com/gallery/zp-core/reconfigure.php on line 238
    [02-Mar-2020 17:25:35 Pacific/Auckland] PHP Warning: chdir(): No such file or directory (errno 2) in /home/kenbeats/public_html/bogo-mipps.com/gallery/zp-core/setup.php on line 26
    [02-Mar-2020 17:27:25 Pacific/Auckland] PHP Fatal error: The Zenphoto configuration file is corrupt. You will need to restore it from a backup. in /home/kenbeats/public_html/bogo-mipps.com/gallery/zp-core/functions-common.php on line 300

Difficult because the error message seems random. If the configuration file is corrupt is it possible to replace it somehow?

Bogo

• fretzl Administrator, Developer
    edited May 2020

If the configuration file is corrupt is it possible to replace it somehow?

Yes, you can delete the zenphoto.cfg.php file (in the zp-data folder). Zenphoto should then automatically run setup.
    You'll be asked for your database credentials and setup will create a new configuration file.

• I've tried this in the two separate installations I've got (both exhibiting same symptoms) and I get the 404 message. Setup doesn't run. The error log is as follows:

Two separate installs:

{29601:Wed, 13 May 2020 03:08:38 GMT}
    WARNING: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/kenbeats/public_html/bogo-mipps.com/gallery/zp-core/reconfigure.php on line 238
    unprotectSetupFiles called from reconfigureAction (reconfigure.php [35])
    from require_once (functions-basic.php [125])
    from require_once (admin-globals.php [12])
    from admin.php [11]

[13-May-2020 10:26:42 Australia/Perth] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/kenbeats/public_html/hamish/albums/zp-core/reconfigure.php on line 238

Further advice appreciated.

Bogo

What version of Zenphoto? Is there a "setup" folder with files within "zp-core"? This functioun would list protected files with the .xxx suffix and otherwise this cannot really happen.

Check the file/folder permissions on your folder as this can lead to all sorts of issues.

• It's v1.5.6

There's no "setup" folder within "zp-core".

Permissions on files = 644 Permissions on directories = 0755

The two ZenPhoto instances have been installed using the web host's "Installatron" system, and I'm wondering if somehow there's something 'hidden' which we can't see?

Failing any solution perhaps I should reinstall 'direct' rather than use 'Installatron'? But will I then be able import & use my existing 'galleries' without the appearance of these random errors & messages? They seem to be mysteriously embedded somehow - we know not where?

Bogo

Failing any solution perhaps I should reinstall 'direct' rather than use 'Installatron'?

Yes, please. On earlier releases the setup folder was deleted after installing but not so anymor eor quite some years. Apparently that installer does someething wrong here. There is a reason we don't support these installers as noted on the installation page.

But will I then be able import & use my existing 'galleries' without the appearance of these random errors & messages? They seem to be mysteriously embedded somehow - we know not where?

Yes, that is recommended. Actually all you need to do right now is to download the 1.5.6 release and manually re-upload the setup folder to zp-core.

• Worked perfectly, thanks acrylian. What a great piece of software! Love the way it checks out the general setup. Front end now working without errors. Interested though to see setup unhappy with a number of files, nevertheless. Should I be concerned, or let sleeping dogs, etc. ? For anyone reading this thread take advice of admins and don't use automated installs like Installatron - you'll end up with vital components missing - like the setup directory in zp-core!

Should I be concerned, or let sleeping dogs, etc. ?

Often it is notthing to be concerned just file times being different. That can happen in your case if you re-upload setup files which then are "newer" than all others. This technically could indicate unwanted modications/hacks but must not. Also it lists files that are not part of the package and could be an issue. Like invisible folder files if uploading (macOS .DS_Store files for example can cause that). You should at least look at the list and check.