Upgrade to ZP 1.5.7

I have just upgraded my existing ZP 1.5.6 installation (on my own server, running Debian 10, Apache 2 and PHP 7.4.6) to the newly released ZP 1.5.7. All seemed to go well and the much repeated "get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated" of v1.5.6 has now disappeared. I am however left with a couple of problems, namely:

Firstly
{633:Thu, 04 Jun 2020 15:03:20 GMT}
NOTICE: Undefined index: mysql_port in /var/www/html/zenphoto/zp-core/functions-db-MySQLi.php on line 30
db_connect called from require_once (functions-basic.php [194])
from require_once (functions.php [18])
from include (index.php [14])
from index.php [56]

Do I need to worry about this ? Presumeably a table in my MySQL database needs an index to be created but which one and how ?

Secondly:
{632:Thu, 04 Jun 2020 15:55:22 GMT}
WARNING: exif_thumbnail(DSC00331.JPG): Illegal IFD size: 2 + 0x3B00*12 = 0x2C402 > 0x937C in /var/www/html/zenphoto/zp-core/functions-image.php on line 202
exif_thumbnail called from cacheImage (functions-image.php [202])
from i.php [152]

Not sure what this is, not had it previous versions of ZP. How do I find the path to the erroneous JPG file and fix the problem ?

There were no issues reported in the upgrade log which might help either of these 2 problems.

Thanks

Chris

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    edited June 2020

On the first one we apparently missed a fallback if not set…. It's a new option to set a db port but it is optional. But it does not cause any real harm. You can fix it by adding $conf['mysql_port'] = "3306"; to your config file.

The 2nd is about what it says and not directly a Zenphoto error. Nothing changed in EXIF handling in 1.5.7 as far as I remember. You can enable some additional debuglog out put using the mark release plugin.

• Thanks for the info above. Which config file are you referring to in the first item above and where is it likely to be located ?

Thanks

Chris

I was referring to the Zenphoto config file in zp-data/zenphoto.cfg.php

To add: Although the undefined index appears once (which it actually should not of course), isetup adds the missing define to the config file when running. So it will no re-appear afterwards.