Problems with aspect ratios and constant image height on later ZP versions

2»

Comments

• enjay Member

I have run it on the pano image:
    http://leitseite.net/debug.log

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

Sadly that does not really help. Since the original image "dublin-s" has already 780px height, it should not be processed at all if you set size 780 and height. Therefore I don't get any processing in the log.

• enjay Member

At least we can see the variables. Are these set correctly? "size" is set, but no height or other dimensional vars..

For the actual image parameter regaring class methods/functions that is correct. Default images/thumbs only use the $size parameter as all else depends on the "side" options. Internally it is then calculated accordingly. You see height and width values on the later entries in that log. It looks to me as it should…

edited July 2020

What setting do you have on http://leitseite.net/photo/galleries/index481b.html?album=panorama&image=dublin_s.jpg right now? That is excatly what I get with shorest side/height setting for this image.

What does this mean in the source of your site?
    <!-- Mirrored from leitseite.net/photo/galleries/index.php?album=panorama&image=dublin_s.jpg by HTTrack Website Copier/3.x [XR&CO'2014], Thu, 22 Feb 2018 20:55:28 GMT -->

So this is a static version of the page, right?

• enjay Member
    edited July 2020

Yep, I made this copy before I moved over to another server.
    The old installation is no longer working. It also has no zp-data directory. Maybe it saved its settings in the DB.

p.s. I just saw the latest version does not store its image settings there either..

edited July 2020

I seriously don't remmeber when the zp-data directory was introduced.

p.s. I just saw the latest version does not store its image settings there either..

What do you mean?

• enjay Member

I thought ZP stored all its settings in zp-data, but it doesn't. Never mind.

edited July 2020

Only the general config stuff of course, all else in the datbase. And 1.2.5 does not yet have a zp-data folder, the config should be in the core folder or was just outside (don't remember anymore ;-))

• enjay Member

For the current installation:
    zp_options.image_size == 780,
    zp_options.image_use_side (basic theme) == height

That would suggest the values were correctly set by the UI.

Indeed, and most certainly these are also used correctly.

• enjay Member

Well, not here.. the image is scaled to 780x161.

edited July 2020

I meant they are used by the code but somehow the outcome on your server is something wrong regardless…

• enjay Member

I've given up for now and replaced image.php with the changed version using the custom function.

Is the version with the new thumbnail logic done yet?

Simple workaround for the Pano album: I will upload a 3:2 version of the image and mark that one as unpublished. Thumbnails of unpublished images still get displayed in the index.

Is the version with the new thumbnail logic done yet?

No

Thumbnails of unpublished images still get displayed in the index.

Unpublished items are only shown if you are loggedin or know the lin but setting as a album thumb should work.

• enjay Member

Yes it works fine, I have tested it. Bit of a kludge, but for a single album it will do.

• enjay Member

"New" gallery is now live (no more gallery.new). I disabled ImageMagick again because it made thumbnail generation quite slow.

New installation looks like an almost exact copy of the old gallery now. Thumbs up.

Great you managed it working to your liking. Btw, I am working on the thumbs stuff. Uses the same code base as the large images and I so far didn't encounter anything that would explain your issue and why we can't reproduce it…

I disabled ImageMagick again because it made thumbnail generation quite slow.

Interessting, heard that before. Actually the saying always was that Imagick was faster and less memory consuming than GD. When testing I personally didn't notice actual differences.