User rights - sub-albums for users

hey,

does a user build his own album branch which only he can extend and edit (photo, category, description, ...) and can he assign other registered editorial users to his branch? Can he make parts of his branch visible only to certain users (-group. so that there is something like a "editional-state")?

Can users comment on comments also "hierarchically", according to threads?

till now for me it looks like that ZP can "only" be "managed" by users with comprehensive administrator rights, i.e. it is designed for "one" fixed editorial group? So far I have not found a solution. Do I have to keep on looking?

does ratings also be made by name, i.e. the user name is then near the "Like"?

regards, eli

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    edited August 2020

You can only assign toplevel albums to users which then includes all sub album levels.

Please take a look here to learn about the rights management:
    https://www.zenphoto.org/news/an-overview-of-zenphoto-users/

Can users comment on comments also "hierarchically", according to threads?

No, the comment_form plugin does not support thread and it is not planned to extend it.

does ratings also be made by name, i.e. the user name is then near the "Like"?

No, because ratings are generally. It uses the IP for trying to avoid double votes (Note that using the full IP is a possible privacy issue in a lot of countries and not allowed).

If you want rating by loggedin users you would have to create your own plugin for this.

• thx for the infos :-)