Error 500 from subfolder re-setup

maurilla Member
edited March 2021 in General support

Hello,
i have the same problem described in this thread https://forum.zenphoto.org/discussion/1410601/mysterious-random-error-messages#latest but can't solve it.

At first, after moving the installation from the sub-folder to root, I tried to start the setup manually (or from the backend) as indicated in your official instructions, but the server respond me with an "internal server error".

So I edited the .htaccess file manually and managed to access the new site location, then I tried again and still nothing. I've searched the forums and tried all the solutions and the site is working properly, but sometimes the error message "The script SIGNATURE_HASH has changed" reappears.

Should I check the database manually? The configuration files look ok. What can I do?
Thanks in advance.
Morris

(Zenphoto version 1.5.7 - Server Apache - Php 7.1.11 - MySQLi version 5.5.62)

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

I sadly really have no idea about this issue. never encountered this on any host I ever installed Zenphoto.

If you also used an install helper script as the user on the other topic try directly.

Otherwise: Perhaps your server is not compatible or setup correctly for modrewrite? Try to disable mod_rewrite - you can do that via the config file as well - to see if that works.

Also check file/folder permissions as those are a source of all sorts of issues. See the user guide entry on that.

but sometimes the error message "The script SIGNATURE_HASH has changed" reappears.

That is okay and intended. This always appears if the said signature changes. That measns if some component on the server itself gets an update or a file of the signature set seems to have a different time assigned.

• Thanks for inputs, but even excluding mod rewrite the result does not change ... I was thinking... could it not be due (like the other user) that the original installation was through via softacolous?

Yet I don't see any errors in the files and the restore site_upgrade files on backend works…. I also did all the checks from the domain management plesk, modifying the installation config directly on the server, etc.

Anyway, after all the attempts I contacted the provider and let's see what they respond. If I find something, I'll let you know (in case it happens to someone else).

For now, thanks again Acrylian for your support. ;)

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

could it not be due (like the other user) that the original installation was through via softacolous?

That might very wel be. We have no knowledge about these tools and we respectivley users had lots of issues with them in the past doing things not correctly, especially on updates. Which is why we cannot recommend them as noted on our installation page: https://www.zenphoto.org/news/installation-and-upgrading/

I would suggest to do a clean manual install by re-uploading the files via FTP. Be sure to keep the database and the albums folder as it is (and best make a backup naturally additionally).Basically just upload the index.php file, the themes if using the original ones) and the zp-core folder. Also see the upgrade instructions on the page linked above.