OpenStreetMap

2»

Comments

• where do you set debugging options? I cant remember

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

zp-core/global-definitions.php

Errors are logged anyway.

• OK... Interestingly.... Not seeing any errors in debug.log, or apache log.

Just no openstreetmaps

• I am seeing new error... but it is not tied to web access

{3920463:Tue, 09 Mar 2021 20:49:45 GMT}
    NOTICE: Uninitialized string offset: 1 in /var/www/cms.waltrips.com/zp-core/exif/makers/gps.php on line 82
    formatGPSData called from parseGPS (gps.php [216])
    from read_entry (exif.php [830])
    from read_exif_data_raw (exif.php [1036])
    from read_exif_data_protected (functions.php [2451])
    from Image->updateMetaData (class-image.php [340])
    from Gallery->garbageCollect (class-gallery.php [818])
    from admin-refresh-metadata.php [33]

• And I have been hunting around all of the settings... OpenStreeMap just is not working. I even tried switching to another theme (zenpage)

It seems that your image has invalid or corrupt meta data as the notice above tells. That is the core metadata handler and not the OSM plugin.

For example if there a values but not "real coordinates". Currently there is no check if the coordinates are valid itself. I have to look at the exif handler what it exaclty does and if there is already a check (it is technically a 3rd party tool that was taken in once).

I looked at the exif library and since it is a bit old it and I am not that familiar with it in detail, it seems not to use the PHP standard function exif_read_data() for reading the data but instead directly parses the file on its own.

I guess this library was made before this function was available. Perhaps not the best way to parse exif data anymore. And ZP does use exif_read_data() for getting image rotation values for example.

I reviewed and apparently my fix is not working as expected. Besides the issue your image provides.

edited March 2021

There is a fix up that also validates that the geocoords are actually within the valid range. However there is no fix if there is actually no proper data within the image.

• jwaltrip4 Member
    edited March 2021

if it comes to it on the images, I can clean it up. that would be for bad data. I would assume that it should ignore 'no data'

There is a fix up that also validates that the geocoords are actually >within the valid range. However there is no fix if there is actually no >proper data within the image.

Does this mean there is an update?

edited March 2021

An update within the master on Github. No Zenphoto update itself. We are trying to fix error here so we don't ship them with the coming update.

I would assume that it should ignore 'no data'

The fix I added should ignore no data. But if there is data and that is simple wrong I don't know. I now added another check so the geocoords are actually within the number range of geocoords.

it would be interest what the data of that image is. Otherwise I will to test this image myself.

• jwaltrip4 Member
    edited March 2021

As far as I can tell... I have 2 sets...

• No data at all

• data, but values are 0

Also... am more than willing the share photos with issues.

I have to do work for pay now :), will update the install with your changes this afternoon

All right.

• What files were changed? I dont see update in GIT

The OSM plugin changed of course…https://github.com/zenphoto/zenphoto/commits/master

Generally when testing - unless we tell like now - always use the complete master as there are often dependencies (and it may have issues in other places being work in progress).

• OK... I feel dumb...
    When I look at the home page on the repository, and drill down into the folder where the file you updated is, it dhows it is 15 months old.

so I guess I am in the wrong spot.. when I go to the link you sent, I see a list of commits, but to info on who to download... unless I need to do them one at a time.

edited March 2021

You have to click on the right where it reads "x commits". Or you use some Git client to just checkout everything. Or download the zip.

Folders have their own date and files within, too ;-)

• NM... found it

• Working now.
    will test more later.

Now I need to write PowerShell to fix my photo's with no GPS data :)

So the issue besides is fixed?

• looks like

Great.

• I will test all of the pics I had issues with by end of day

• Ya... looks good. Now to fix my missing GPS data :)