1.5.8RC comments

Hello,

I enjoy 1.5.8RC.

Some interesting changes like

• editing an image picture gives a preview option (cropping is now on the right side of the page)
  • upgrade process
    and of course ascending sorting images in .alb albums.

A small bug concerning thumb titles when mouse does not move over a thumb : they are empty.
title="<?php printBareImageTitle(); ?>"
gives following page source code:
title="" loading="lazy" scr="/...

Lazy extension active or not, same problem !

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    edited March 2021

Thanks.

editing an image picture gives a preview option (cropping is now on the right side of the page)

I don't remember we change anything here yet if you refer to the thumb cropping on the backend.

upgrade process

The process is actually the same except that we list a little more recommended native extensions.

A small bug concerning thumb titles when mouse does not move over a thumb : they are empty.

Where exactly? Backend? Theme and which? Nothing was actually changed regarding titles except that the new loadingattribute was added by default. However for default "print" image functions we changed processing of the attributes via an array definition. But that would not interfere with title="<?php printBareImageTitle(); ?>"as this would not appear in those anymore.

• ctdlg Member

printBareImageTitle is the code you use in your basic theme folder, file album.php, line 55

When viewing an album, as a visitor, move your mouse on a thumb and do not move it. The title should appear as it did before.

I don't think we changed anything in the theme itself but I will take a look.

• ctdlg Member
    edited March 2021

Example
    With 1.5.7, I got titles above thumbs when mouse was not moving.
    But there was no lazy code inserted, no lazy extension.

Titles ARE displayed above subalbum thumbs

Example

This is a browser default overlay which always appears in browsers if the title attribute is set and you pause the cursor on hover. I will take a look why titles set would not be added.

I can reproduce that the title attribute is empty but it is actually correct. The title is a separate parameter tthat needs to be set and is not set automatically with the alt attribute because only the alt attribute is required by HTML standards.

We can discuss if the the alt attribute value should be used for the title if not set individually. But the browser default overlay works with the alt attribute by default in any browser (FF, Chrome, Safari) I tried. So there is not real need to.

FYI I have now changed it so the title attribute should get the value of the alt attribute if that is set.

• ctdlg Member

Thank you, it does work again (template functions.php)

Another remark
    You changed your $between and $after separator from > to |
    I switched them back to > as it is recommended for french websites. ($between = ' | ';)
    (for our breadcrumb) (see line 1382 and some others)

You changed your $between and $after separator from > to |

I don't remember any recent change here. But after all it is a fucntion parameter for that reason so it can be changed as needed.

• ctdlg Member

Another comment.

You removed a button in admin-edit.php to display the picture as a visitor.
    Your new preview picture option is really useful, but that button is also useful, at least for me.
    So, I added it back .

I can see the picture in admin mode ...and have quick access to the picture !

Missing button

• ctdlg Member
    edited March 2021

Another comment about 1.5.8RC

A simple visitor can see a published pictures in an unpublished album if someone gives him the link.

I am using an album showing the last 20 new entries.
    As a visitor, I can see new pictures form unpublished albums.
    I could not with 1.5.7

Easy workaround : I only publish pictures when my album is ready !

edited March 2021

You removed a button in admin-edit.php to display the picture as a visitor.

Yes, you are rigth, that was indeed removed accidentally. We wanted to remove the extra zoom button which is now the thumb itself. That formerly doubled not very intuitive the separte crop thumbnail button on the right.

A simple visitor can see a published pictures in an unpublished album if someone gives him the link.

While you should be able to see the album on a direct link you should not see unpublished items. Are you really sure that you are not accidentally logged in with rights. Just asking as some browsers sometimes still server pages from cache if you were previously loggedin as a user with rights to that.

• ctdlg Member

I checked it right now and I confirm the behavior.

I'm using Firefox and Zenphoto admin mode
    I'm using Google Chrome and Zenphoto visitor mode.

I deleted all Google Chrome history (my Pc) and deleted entries of the cache_html folder (my web server)
    I unpublished my last album under Firefox

I can still see pictures from my last album in my "News" album( a dynamic album) using Google Chrome after reloading it. Did also a CtrlF5.

This is different from 1.5.7 as you explained me above !

edited March 2021

Okay, so you are talking about a dynamic album. Check if your dynamci album .alb file has unpublished=1 then it will return unpublished results. This is something you can check on setting it up. Edit the file to unpublished=0 and see how it behaves then.

I had no time to check this yet but if you could take a look at that it would help.

Btw, the View button has returned now.

• ctdlg Member

My bad, thank you : unpublished was set to 1 !
    Solved !

Thanks, great.