video issue - zpbase

I am using the RC version of Zenphoto, and zpbase theme

I have a 16x9 video

I go the the gallery, select the album, and click the 'thumbnail' for the video
Once I have done that, it looks like the video is there.. I can see the controls.

However, it shows movie with wrong aspect ratio,. The controls are also non-resposive
When you simply click on the middle of the video, it resizes to 16x9,and controls work

It does not seem to be happening on my 4:4 videos

Sample with Issue:
http://cms.waltrips.com/Brecksville-Reservation/Hemlock Loop/

Sample that works:
http://cms.brownleefamily.us/Home-Videos/8MM-Video-Clips/

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

This seems to be an issue with the video file itself. The browser reports an "failed to load resource" even if I open the video directly . Perhaps you accidentally used the wrong codec or wrong settings? Not everything possible works for web video.

• Will check codecs...

• thanks for the tip.... reencoding... and will test.

• fretzl Administrator, Developer

The encoding seems fine. It's the size of the video thumbnail. The thumbnail should have he same aspect ratio as de video. You're using a 4:3 thumb for a 16:9 video.
    Btw: that video is over 4 GB. Sure you want to use a video that big ?

edited May 2021

I doubt that the video thumbnail is the issue. I didn't check the file size but if it is 4GB that is most likely the issue.

It might be a better idea for huge videos to use services like Youtube or similar as they also can provide different vidoe setting fitting the connection speed of the visitor.

I doubt that the video thumbnail is the issue.

You're right it's HTML/CSS again like last time. (https://forum.zenphoto.org/discussion/1410774/zpbase-questions-i-know-it-is-unsupported)
    The thumb size is just cosmetics but it looks better to have it in the same aspect ratio as the video.

edited May 2021

Try this:
    Revert all changes you made in style.css (there's a error in it anyway)
    Add the following at the end of the   /* ---- Single Image Page ---- */   section.

#single-img-nav a {
      height: 100%;
    }

audio, canvas, video {
      height: 100%;
      width: auto;
    }

#single-img-nav.video-nav {
      position: relative;
      top: 40%;
    }

#single-img-nav.video-nav a {
      height: 60px;
      width: 40px;
    }

#single-img-nav.video-nav a span {
      top: 15px; 
    }

It's a dirty fix for problems caused elsewhere but if it works for you... ;-)

• this seems to have fixed my issues with videos overall....

Yes, I know 'that; video is huge.... still need to work out reencoding a 4k hdr to something smaller. also need to test outside of house. GB network inside, and GB connection to internet.

Don't you think that a 1080p or even 720p video would be enough for the web?

Germany is a but behind but over here at least most mobile plans have limited bandwidth and traffic so such a video would instantly exceed a month's values and even be quite slow.

A workaround for several video verions would be to create an album with these versions and leave the visitor the choice of quality (with a size warning). Or just use a service like Youtube, Vimeo or the like who can pick automatically.

• LOL... Most of the folks who might look (my sites are for family) either do it from home machine, or have unlimited plans..

In any event, my issue is that since it is 4k HDR, I don't have a tool to0 adequality reencode it. Handbrake say it will take days. and simply reducing to 1080 or 720 results in hash... Still looking :)

IN any event, the update above has fixed all of my issues related to website.

edited May 2021

All right, if you know that it's fine ;-)

That Handbrake will take days is probably more a problem of the computer ;-)