Updated, changed PHP to 7.4 - got an error

Notice: Undefined variable: conf in /www/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/functions-basic.php on line 1732

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /www/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/functions-basic.php on line 1732

Notice: Undefined index: mysql_prefix in /www/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/zp-core/functions-basic.php on line 161
A configuration error occurred.

Please return later.

Good I can go back to an earlier PHP version...

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

That could indicate that permissions are wong. 1.5.8 for sure runs on 7.4 as we develop on 7.4 and our own site runs on it as well.

Please check your config file and the file permissions.

• Sponsi Member
    edited June 2021

But I never had to check anything?
    Plus, it works with e.g. 7.2...

PHP 7.3 - one error disappeared:

Notice: Undefined variable: conf in /www/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/zp-core/functions-basic.php on line 1732

Notice: Undefined index: mysql_prefix in /www/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/zp-core/functions-basic.php on line 161

Please return later.

There are no permissions as it's a non-CHMOD (chroot?) environment, everything has always worked flawlessly.
    What do I do?

edited June 2021

I cannot really answer. All upgrade I did so far worked without any issue including our site and demo. All on 7.4.14 currently.

On which PHP 7.4.x are you. I have a far memory that there was one version that had some bug (not that this might be related…).

Did you really upload all files correctly (sorry, standard question)? The line belongs to rewrite tokens and as far as I recall has not been changed since 1.5.7. And the config file was't changed either.

How does your config file look like (anonymize!). Did setup report anything (I assume not)

• Sponsi Member
    edited June 2021

OK so let's be real:
    Zenphoto doesn't work on PHP above 7.2. Because it's what works for people not for your specific environment.

Can you debug it?

Setup won't run.

Same errors for a complete installation while I had 7.2... after switching to 7.3/7.4 - those errors turned up.

Can't post anything more because of the idiotic character number limit.

edited June 2021

Zenphoto doesn't work on PHP above 7.2.

To be exact: It does not on your server for some reason.

However I see the issue with the first notice about conf. There is a missing check. However that should not happen as that would mean the the config file template on your install is no correct (zp-core//zenphoto_cfg.txt). It should have $conf['special_pages'] somewhere and those are actually standard. Please take a look. If it does not, you didn't upload it correctly from the package.

For the mysql_prefix please review your config file in zp-data, there should an entry about it.

• Sponsi Member

What's with this "upload correctly" stuff?
    We are not in 1999.
    I didn't change anything. It works with 7.2 so it's not a config thing, it's a code thing!

edited June 2021

What's with this "upload correctly" stuff?

Some FTP clients don't correctly replace files within a folder if you upload the new zp-core.

Please, if I ask to check some files to find out why you get errors that shouldn't happen, please do so. Otherwise I can't help, especially since it works at least on several server environments for me. And it's always a code thing.

The first issue has a check in the support build now.

• Sponsi Member
    edited June 2021

Everything works allright with 7.2.
    I switched - started working immediately after the server changed the PHP version for my account.

The logics says: PHP version is the problem, the code even gives an error about the code, not some config stuff.

BTW Where is the zp-config file after the update?
    It's not in zp-core? The site works but I can't find it.
    What kind of dumb shit is this?
    Where is zp-config.cfg.php?????????????????????
    But the site works after update so WTF?
    Refreshed file list - no luck.

And yeah - I had the zp-config file but the setup didn't start automatically, had to log in and start it.

edited June 2021

So let's agree that not all servers are and behave the same.

The config file is and always has been in /zp-data for years. There is a .txt template file within /zp-core which is used to compare and for fresh installs. This is used here to set some rewrite tokens and somehow does not have what ti should.

• Sponsi Member

Aaa... the change of the folders I guess is on purpose, to create confusion...

Tthe reason for the extra folder is that you don't accidentally overwrite your config stuff when updating zp-core.

You can compare your zp-core config template with this: https://github.com/zenphoto/zenphoto/blob/master/zp-core/zenphoto_cfg.txt

• Sponsi Member
    edited June 2021

Uploading the whole update package again.
    Other sites worked OK with 7.2 will do this last one and then switch to 7.3 and watch it all burn.

Everything works with 7.2.
    IMO there is a bug starting with 7.3.

edited June 2021

IMO there is a bug starting with 7.3.

Again, not in general. We are working on 7.4 only for everything and that even before 1.5.7 and surely would have noticed that. Our own site even ran a beta of 1.5.8 some weeks before the release.

You need to use the 1.5.9a aka support build for the fix regarding the first issue (althoight IMHO that issue should not be possible). In this exception you can just use the functions-basic.php which has that fix.

• Sponsi Member

OK so waiting for 1.5.9. Until then - 7.2.

edited June 2021

Please try the support build right now if the workaround fixes your first notice.Which again, should not be possibe if the config file template is present. Same for the 2nd one a teh mysql_prefix is always defined.

What ti sthe mysql prefix on your install? That might give us a clue. (that line didn't change in ages though…)

It's stil basically 1.5.8 just with a fix. This helps us to possibly not ship fixes again.

If we cannpt reproduce a bug, we also can't work on it.

I will upgrade several custom sites on several webhostings today and I will see if this surfaces anywhere else. So far all works on three different servers with 7.4.

There is also a possible fix/workaround for your 2nd issue in the support build now.

I did several Zenphoto updates of 1.5.7 with plain 1.5.8 on five different hosts that all are farily standard shared hosting now. All on PHP 7.4.x and without any problem.

• Sponsi Member

Well... I don't have time to think about it so I'll wait for 1.5.9.

Sorry to say but nothing will change in 1.5.9 since it all works apparently. Unless you can provide any means so we savely can reproduce this. And a start would be trying the support build right now.

• Sponsi Member

You say 1.5.9a (alpha?) fixes something so I will wait for stable 1.5.9.

1.5.9a is currently 1.5.8 with two small fixes for your two issues above taht should not even happen right now, so it is actually stable. Please test now. so we perhaps find something about your rare issue before any new release.

I will not work on anything further since all works as expected with PHP 7.4 otherwise. Probably we may even raise the version to 1.6 before the release because of other changes.

• Sponsi Member

Please return later.

PHP 7.4
    Pathetic.

edited July 2021

I can only repeat what I already told above, all is working on several hosts as intended. We haven't worked on anything since 1.5.8 in this regard because from our point of view there is nothing to work on.

Something is wrong or different on your server. Configuration error indicates something with the config file. Again review the error logs please (PHP error log, Zenphot debug and setup logs). You will have to actively help with this.

So to help a little further. This configuration error page which I assume you are getting indicates a problem with the MySQL database credentials which are missing, incomplete or wrong. Why this would only appear on 7.4 I but not on another PHP 7 version I have no idea. That thte logs should tell. Perhpas 7.4. is not configured correctly for some reason.

• mikapi Member

Hi!
    I just reinstall zenphoto after a while.
    Same problem,
    "A configuration error occurred.
    Please return later." the setup page do not run, and I found this post.

Here is the error log:

[core:error] [pid 17337:tid 139693676984064] [client x.x.x.x:60946] AH00124: Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace.

I haven't the skill to investage further, but I can give access to a test website (ftp login ...)
    It is running php 7.4

What Zenphoto version did you re-install?