First installation failed in Zenphoto 1.5.8

HEllo All,
I'm sure there is all ready the answer on the forum but don't find it.
I used zenphoto since long time (version 1.4 something)
However, I got a crash with mu previous website ans SQL database.
So I decide t remove all from my provider kill the SQL and recreate the full site using latest release of zenphoto
So I deleted all, download new version, install it on my OVH servor
create a new SQLdatabase
upload some photo on zenhoto folder and ...
setup permission according to recommendation (644 for files and 755 for folder)

www.mysiteadress.com/zenphotonature......

get HTTP ERROR 500

try www.mysiteadress.com/zenphotonature/zp-core/setup.php

same

so now, I would say , HEEEELLLLPPPP please

answer in english or even french is possible.

Thanks to all in advance
Nicolas

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    edited July 2021

Please review your error log (PHP and the Zenphoto debug log) as the 500 error is a generic one that can mean literally everything: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Status/500

• not so clear where I need to find log:
    by entering www.nicolasbauduin.com/zenphotonature
    I got
    www.nicolasbauduin.com is currently unable to handle this request.
    HTTP ERROR 500
    I'm fully lost
    Last time initiate zenphoto is was in 2012 and work without any problem @ the first try

edited July 2021

The zenphoto debuglog is within /zp-data if generated. But this might be an error far earlier. Where you find your PHP error log I cannot tell as that differs on any webhost. Please ask them.

This can be anything from a incompatbile configuration, wrong htaccess file , wrong file permissions or something else.

Btw, I can access www.nicolasbauduin.com and see a kind of placeholder page. IF I enter http://www.nicolasbauduin.com/zenphotonature/ I get a blank page which generally indicates a PHP fatal error. Info about that would be in the logs.

If you upgraded and used any third party plugins or themes, best remove them as they may not be compatible anymore. Especially if you didn't update since 2012. Which by the way is not recommended, please do frequent updates in teh future.

• I do not find any log file either in zp-data or on OVH manager
    I dont find also htaccess file in the folder ocontaining the new version of zenphoto
    I got exactely the same screenview than you (placeholder view @ .com adress and blank page @ .com/zenphotonature

I tried to upgrade with the latest version of zenhoto and did soem mistakein my SQL database, my old site was impossible to work.
    Reason why I decide t orestart from scratch
    delete all
    create new SQLdatabase (with bigger space)
    using latest version of zenphoto

and it fails as describe previously.
    I'm so sad

According to your remark, problemlook coming from php configuration?
    where can I find information?
    I try to open my SQL database with phpmyadmin (as proposed by OVH manager)
    database is empty
    I'm fully lost

zenphotos was so good, don't want to use anything else :-(

I dont find also htaccess file in the folder ocontaining the new version of zenphoto

The htaccess file not directly in the fodler, there is a template that is copied when running setup within the zp-core folder. You can copy that and fill in the rewire base manually as well.

According to your remark, problemlook coming from php configuration?

where can I find information?

It is a bit guessing without any proper error.
    Normally setup provides info about that but if it cannot run you won't see that naturally.

Be sure your site is not set to PHP 8 as Zenphoto is not yet compatible with that. Use 7.4 or 7.3 . I just had helped someone als oon OVH and it seems they only have 7.3 available currently.

Info about that you find on the OVH backend or place a php file like info.php containing <?php phpinfo(); ?> within the folder and access that. It will print everything about php.

• only information I found on eoor log from OVH manager si
    [Thu Jul 01 19:16:44 2021] [error] [client 54.36.149.87] [host nicolasbauduin.com] End of script output before headers: index.php
    [Thu Jul 01 19:08:26 2021] [error] [client 54.36.148.43] [host nicolasbauduin.com] End of script output before headers: index.php
    this is BEFORE I delete all and try to restart from zero

Please check the php version. Also if you have any third party tools (thatare not part of the Zenphoto package) please remove thos for now (themes or within /plugins)

• i did info.php an received a very long lits
    php looks PHP Version 5.4.45
    what data are you looking for

That's a good hint. PHP 5.4 is very old and outdated. Please look at your OVH backend and change to the PHP version to 7.3.x or 7.4.x. you should find that on the domain setting for http://www.nicolasbauduin.com/.

• non third party inside
    I unzippe files juste downlloaded from zenphoto website, add on ervor with ftp
    add some photo to try gallery setup, that all
    Does php version is setup during MySQL database creation?
    Sorry for mystupid question but i'm lost and all my energy is gone, my brain is out of usage :-(

Does php version is setup during MySQL database creation?

MySQL and PHP are separate things with each their own version. I am sorry for your trouble but you need to change the PHP verison on the OVH administration of your webspace. Otherwise it does not meet the general requirements to run.

• OK clear
    I will try to find how to change php setup to 7;3 or 4

• php config is now PHP Version 7.3.27

• and now www.nicolasbauduin.com/zenphotonature respond correctly
    but it looks to get a lot of remainning warning
    secuity of zp-data folder
    SSL connection
    7.3.27 php version should be upgraded to 7.4
    tidy not present

I think I will continue later in the evening

One more quetions on the main page of my website, I have a page to select 3 main part fo my website
    I create 1 zenphoto folder per category
    I need to run setup for each rigth?
    thanks for your support

• secuity of zp-data folder - Just a warning or note as the text tells, generally the default is fine
    • SSL connection - Not a requirement but rather a standard nowadays and within the EU required by the GDPR if you use comments or a mail contact form submittind user data
    • 7.3.27 php version should be upgraded to 7.4 - Also a recommendation 7.3. is fine for now but already the oldest supported version of the PHP devs since 8 is already out
    • tidy not present - A "good to have" but no requrement

You should just be able to proceed.

One more quetions on the main page of my website, I have a page to select 3 main part fo my website
    I create 1 zenphoto folder per category

What is the purpose of those three categories? You can just have three albums for each within the same install of course. You really don't need three separate Zenphoto installs for this.

• Hello Acrylian,
    Thanks for your support, My website is now recovered using zenphoto
    even if the latest release of zenphoto, i do not find back my previous themes (simple-plus", I used the basic one which is neutral and simple.
    Thanks agin for your help.
    To all newbies or guys lost as I was,
    Acrylian gave a strong support without complaining about stupid questions or remark.
    I really appreciate

Glad you managed it! We try our best to help, that's what the forum is for.

The simple+ theme is still available in our archive https://www.zenphoto.org/theme/simpleplus/simple_plus-index.jpg.html. However I cannot really recommend it as it surely will not work properly since abandoned for years.