debug errors

Sorry another issue i'd appreciate some advice with please.

1 Reconfignote hidden on frontend as not loggedin.
2 Zenphoto has detected a change in your installation.
3 Your installation has moved from .../private_html to .../public_html.
4 The script SIGNATURE_HASH has changed.

5 The change detected is critical. You must run setup for your site to function.

The above 5 lines appear regularly in the debug log, approx since i upgraded to 1.5.8 a few weeks ago. Around the same time i made some changes to theme files and backend settings and i'm not sure at what point exactly the error lines started to appear.

Despite what it says in Line #5 the site appears to function normal. Running setup appears normal, but makes no difference. i have installed 1.5.9 now with all relevant files wiped and newly installed, but the same 5 error lines keep appearing in the debug log.

My host confirmed they made no changes to folders/paths. No-one else has posted info of a similar issue here in the forum, hence i assume it must be due to my theme files somehow, but i've been unable to find a solution.

Any suggestions what to check?

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

These notices always appear if something has been changed. Like you uploaded an upladte, the PHP or Mysql version on the server changed. This is nothing new and exists for ages. New is that it is hidden for non loggedin users now properly and the frontend as you normally saw a orange box appearing. New is also that it create debug log entries.That now should only appear on the backend.

Your installation has moved from .../private_html to .../public_html.

This does not indicate a "move" but that your host perhaps has renamed the webroot directory. Perhaps due to a server update. Zenphoto will noticed that the serverpath changed. So this is not "your" change. Perhaps you can check that via FTP how the webroot directory is named (if you have access to above the webroot as for example we don on our host.

• flo Member

Thank you, a hosting change was my first thought too, but as i wrote previously i asked the host and they confirmed there was no change on their end.

The change reported by the ZP debug log is from private to public.html, all parent directories are identical in both paths reported in the log. I can see the same root path ending in public.html in the FTP setup within the hosting control panel, and from memory it has always been public.html.
    (The only difference vs. the debug log is that the full hosting FTP path ends with a slash "/" after the public.html/ but i assume this is irrelevant here?)

Perhaps the info from the host was wrong and i can of course ask them again, but i wonder. Even if the host did change something should this issue not be resolved after a clean new ZP install?

If not, then what do i need to do to run ZP without the errors in the debug log in the existing path and install location?

edited August 2021

Well, it must, somewhere Zenphoto must have this ;-) But first you need to understand that these are rather notes or warnings, no errors. Zenphoto cannot really understand what it notices so it issues this messages for you as the admin to check for relevance.

To get rid of this just re-run setup to update the internal signature. Re-running setup does no harm on an install. We even have info about that on https://www.zenphoto.org/news/installation-and-upgrading

• flo Member

sorry i do not understand what you mean when you write "Well, it must, somewhere Zenphoto must have this ;-)". It must have what?

i understand it is a warning/note/error (whatever you wish to call it) hence i am checking, but cannot find the cause nor solution that's why i asked here in the forum?

I have re-run setup several times. As mentioned in my first comment "running setup appears normal but makes no difference". As i also mentioned in my first comment i recently installed latest version zp with all files wiped which includes running another setup, but the same warning/notice/error continues to show.

Any other suggestion?

edited August 2021

sorry i do not understand what you mean when you write "Well, it must, somewhere Zenphoto must have this ;-)". It must have what?

Sorry, German sentence in English language. Zenphoto knows the info from somewhere as it does not invent that: It gets this by comparing a previous server path to the new one.

If re-running setup does not fix it, I have no idea actually. Please view the admin overview page and look what the server path info says.

Your site is installed in the webroot directly?

• flo Member

Who said ZP invented the info? It is obvious that it pulls the info from somewhere.
    All i did was report what is visible to me with given access to menus and paths available to me.

The admin overview page states the same path but ending private.html!

Where exactly does this admin overview field pull the info from? As mentioned, the path visible to me via the FTP setup in the hosting CP ends with public.html.

The host's server path is: "home/myusername/domains/mydomain/public.html".
    The site had been up and running with this host for approx 10 months before the debug errors first appeared, with the server path never having changed from all i know ( = info visible to me plus the host's confirmation if that info can be trusted).

edited August 2021

Who said ZP invented the info? It is obvious that it pulls the info from somewhere.
    All i did was report what is visible to me with given access to menus and paths available to me.

Sure, I was just trying to confirm that there must have been some change somehow somewhere.

The admin overview page states the same path but ending private.html!

Strange. Zenphoto takes the info via PHP's $_SERVER. Setup at the beginning of functions-basic.php. For some reasons I don't know/remember we don't use $_SERVER['CONTEXT_DOCUMENT_ROOT'] itself but some dir stuff to get it.

So if the path is home/myusername/domains/mydomain/public.html and $_SERVER still returns home/myusername/domains/mydomain/private_html` there is perhaps something wrong.

What you could do is take a look at is the phpinfo. You can use the button on the overview page. IF you scroll way down there are sections "Enviornment" and "PHP variables" that list all current $_* values including the $_SERVER ones for the paths right at the beginning.

Perhaps we then find out why here is a mismatch. I never rule out that we do something wrong on our end but so far I never encountered or heard about this.

• flo Member

Thank you, I would not rule out that my host did not provide fully correct info when I asked them about any changes either. Their first language is not English and it took a repeat question to clarify what they first told me - in the end they confirmed no changes to path/folders, but perhaps there is more to it and changes happened at a different place ...?

But besides a change that must have happened somewhere somehow - should a new setup - and if not that then a new install - not resolve the issue and update the server path info displayed in the admin overview?

The PHP Info shows only this: ?>

I would assume there was a change sometime, perhaps - I assume that you are on shared hosting - that thtey migrated you to another server or something like that (they do this in tbe background sometimes without you noticing it at all).

I fear only the webhost can answer this as that is really server level stuff.

But besides a change that must have happened somewhere somehow - should a new setup - and if not that then a new install - not resolve the issue and update the server path info displayed in the admin overview?

Yes, it should actually. The signature is stored in the database actuallly. If there is no other error or the like I really have no idea why it wouldn't…

The PHP Info shows only this: ?>

I am not sure if you just don't see anything or if here is something missing because the forum cleared unescaped code perhaps?

• flo Member

Thank you.

Is it possible to 'clean' the signature in the DB itself? Would this be a useful attempt?

The PHP info displayed via the admin overview is indeed only the 2 characters between the quotation marks "?>", the forum post shows everything i posted. So the question is why does it not display the complete info you expected. If you have any suggestion what to do or check please let me know.

I will also ask the host again about any other changes, but it might take a few days as i have international travel today to hopefully get back home soon. Will pick up on this again next week.

many thanks and happy weekend!

Is it possible to 'clean' the signature in the DB itself? Would this be a useful attempt?

The actual info is an option named "zenphoto_install' you find in the options table. You can try that. But that is actually what re-running setup does as well.

Really weird, phpinfo() is a core PHP function that normally displays a lot of info about the installed PHP. I would not know why that displays nothing excpet that the host perhaps disabled it for whatever reaseon (if that is possible…).

I have no real idea but perhaps that is related somehow…