No pictures displayed

Hi, I'm brand new to Zenphoto. The installation was easy. I created a test album and put 6 pictures under albums/test/. The only thing I see then is:

Galerie | test
test
(small box)
« zurück 1 2 3 4 5 6 weiter »

When I click on that box, I see:

Galerie | test | IMG_20211012_110044
IMG_20211012_110044
Bildinfo

The "Bildinfo" (picture info) is ok:

Bildinfo
Kamerahersteller: Xiaomi
Kameramodell: M1908C3JGG
Originaldatum des Fotos: 12.10.2021
Verschlussgeschwindigkeit: 25/2501 sec
Blende: f/1,79
ISO-Empfindlichkeit: 189
Blitz verwendet: Kein Blitz
Brennweite: 4,74 mm

But no picture. :-(

What am I doing wrong? Why don't I see the pictures? Please help! Thank you.

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    edited November 2021

Please review the debug log. Also please review: https://www.zenphoto.org/news/problems-with-albums-and-images/

• Thanks for the link, now it works.

But I still decided to uninstall Zenphoto again. It's done nicely, but way too slow.

I run the old Menalto-Gallery G1 on a Raspberry PI 4B with approx. 200,000 photos in a large number of albums. I'm looking for a newer software, as the G1 is very outdated.

With G1 I can upload any number of photos at once with the web upload, with ZP I have to choose each one individually.

The generation of the Thumbnails and the middle size goes with G1 by a factor of 10-15 faster (with the same hardware).

Thumbnails with ZP cannot be labeled, with G1 it is possible. Photos uploaded via FTP cannot be labeled afterwards, they can only be labeled with ZP during individual web uploads.

Thumbnails from ZP are square and crop the picture unsightly, why?

I'll stay with G1 after all. Thank you for your help.

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

With G1 I can upload any number of photos at once with the web upload, with ZP I have to choose each one individually.

That is not true if you are using the jquery uploader plugin included. Or you can even upload via FTP directly.

The generation of the Thumbnails and the middle size goes with G1 by a factor of 10-15 faster (with the same hardware).

G! probably creates some default sizes on upload already. Zenphoto does not create size on upload and leaves this to the theme to request sizes when needed. You can pregenerate You can read here about how caching generated sizes aka caching works: https://www.zenphoto.org/news/caching/

Thumbnails with ZP cannot be labeled, with G1 it is possible. Photos uploaded via FTP cannot be labeled afterwards, they can only be labeled with ZP during individual web uploads.

They can but it is a matter of the theme. The included don't display text with the thumbs. But you can customize everything to your liking by modifying a theme or creating your own. https://www.zenphoto.org/news/theming-tutorial/

Thumbnails from ZP are square and crop the picture unsightly, why?

You can disable cropping but at least the - a bit aged - included themes look best with cropped ones.