search.php always uses image.php

ctdlg Member
edited April 2022 in General support

Hello,

Using Zenphoto 1.5.9.
search.php page gives results - it's OK, but ...

Clicking on an image thumb, the image page is opened with the image.php file, even if your album uses another image-something.php file.

Example : using "image-s.php" on the image, clicking on the image thumb, image page uses the image-s.php theme.
It's Ok - as expected.
But cliking the result image thumb from the search page uses the image.php file, not the image-s.php file.

Because I'm using my own theme, I did replace "search.php" file with your original 1.5.9 "search.php" file : same problem.

What is strange : the link is ok : if I open it separately, I get the right display.
The same link does not use my image-s.php file if used from search.php page.

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    edited April 2022

Sorry, I don't understand. I have no idea what image-s.php is as that does not exist in Zenphoto themes. An image is of course always opened on the image.php page if you click on a thumb on an albun as that is how themes work. Search results behave like albums.

Please elaborate what you trying to do.

• ctdlg Member
    edited May 2022

Hello,

image-s2.php

This screenshot shows you where I can select the image.php file I want -

image-s2 is selected here and replaces default image.
    In my theme, I get image.php AND image-s2.php files.

An image is not always opened on the image.php page !
    It does use my image-s2.php when set as above.

Search results do not behave like albums :
    Search always opens image.php.
    Album opens the image.php file you have selected in album admin page, or the image.php file set in image admin page.

search.php should use the image.php file you choose in album or image settings (admin pages) and not always the default image.php file.

I simply want to report a small bug.

Thanks, we meanwhile realized that you must have been referring to the multiple_layouts plugin.

However the only bug we discovered is that image layouts could not be saved for an album if there are not album layouts, too. That bug has been fixed in 1.6a. Search follows that selection as far as tested.

• ctdlg Member

Thank you very much : 1.6a solves the problem.

Thanks for confirming!

• ctdlg Member

Sadly, after a full recheck,

it does work if you change the layout in the album admin page

it does not work if you change the layout in the image admin page.

As I do mix different layouts in my images (1 for stereo pictures, 1 for pano pictures, 1 for pictures), I cannot simply use a layout on the album page that can display all those different images correctly.

Only search function does not work as expected.

it does work if you change the layout in the album admin page

it does not work if you change the layout in the image admin page.

I am sorry, I just tried with 1.6a and cannot reproduce that. Sure that no caches inferfere?

edited May 2022

Correction, indeed I forgot the search context of your report. Now I see what you mean. Will take a look of course.

• ctdlg Member

Thank you.

It's indeed a cache problem, because links generated by search page should open the image form it's parent album, not within the search page (breadcrumb shows "Search" instead of "TheAlbum".)

I tried a fresh 159 install : same problem.
    I tried another theme : same problem.
    I tried upgrading fresh 159 to 16a : same problem.

I cannot install 1.6.a from scratch : error in index.php

To make the link on a thumb work, I copy it, close the browser, open the browser, paste the link !

I did try under Linux, Firefox and Chrome, I did try under W11, Edge : same problem.

I did try to unset variables used in search page, or assign null to those variables : same problem.

edited May 2022

It's indeed a cache problem,

No, what you are describing is actually the plain album/image page directly. By closing the browser you clear/invalidate/loose the cookies that keep the search context. WIthout that an album or image page cannot know it is a search results currently.

because links generated by search page should open the image form it's parent album, not within the search page (breadcrumb shows "Search" instead of "TheAlbum".)

No, that is correct behaviour. Search results breadcrums do have "Search" forever. If an image is a search result itself it of course has its parent album but in search hierachy the album is not search result as well.

Anyway, I can confirm the issue that layouts set on the image edit page don't work as expected - they do via the album edit page and that even overrides the individual setting - and it is in the plugin multiple_layouts. Working on a fix for it.

I cannot install 1.6.a from scratch : error in index.php

What error exactly please? Please open a new topic for this.

edited May 2022

I think I have a fix, it's in 1.6a now. The plugin should work in 1.5.9 as well as there are no actual related fixes to my knowledge.

• ctdlg Member
    edited May 2022

I will try it tomorrow and report too !

EDIT
    Could not wait : it does work on my 159 upgraded to 16a localhost machine.

Is 1.6.a safe for being online ?

If yes,
    I will test all functions tomorrow and upgrade my online website !

edited May 2022

Could not wait : it does work on my 159 upgraded to 16a localhost machine.

Sorry, forgot that we have changed the database handlers in 1.6a so it will not be compatible anymore.

Is 1.6.a safe for being online ?

Well, it is still alpha status and not an official release. It should generally work but we can't guarantee it, especially with third party tools since there are some changes under the hood (and some more coming). It is not recommened for live sites but try on your own risk.