Bulk Actions Comments Option

I've just noticed that Disable Comments option in Bulk Actions has disappeared perhaps since installing 1.5.8. Was that intentional or have I broken something somewhere (first world problem, I know <g!>)?

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

Do you have the comments_form plugin enabled? Without you will neither see a comments tab on the backend and naturally won't see any bulk actions.

• Yes, comments form plugin is enabled.
    I can enable / disable comments on a one-by-one basis and the comments form appears / disappears as it should. It just doesn't appear in bulk actions as an option.
    (Have upgraded to 1.5.9)

I can confirm that there are no comment bulk actions for images and albums but for pages and articles. Have to dive into the code why that is so. I don't remember any work in that area but could be an non intended side effect. Will take a look as soon as can.

This is now fixed on the support build. Currently you can just use the admin-edit-php file to fix this as that is the only change from 1.5.9.

But note the support build version is now 1.6a so in the future there will be more extensive changes all over the place.

• Thank you very much. Bulk Actions are working perfectly now.

• This thread is a year old, but I also updated admin-edit.php to 1.6a. But after doing that switch the "Albums" tab no longer works on the back end, just shows a blank page. The comments did show up, then. Just an FYI

• Actually, on my production version, just turning on the comments plug in is all it took.

This thread is a year old, but I also updated admin-edit.php to 1.6a

Not sure what you exactly mean by that. But as you should know you cannot update just a file, you have to update the whole install. It all is certainly working. A blank page always means a serious error so the first is to look into the logs.