Wav and flac support

Hello,

I know .wav and .flac files are not supported on the web.
I did read a message from Acrylian explaining why (I followed his link).

Flac and wav files are displayed using class-AnyFile extension. A good start.

On a localhost server, a simple solution would be to open the OS file manager folder instead of an HTML page.
Is this possible.
Is there any other solution ?

I'm using Zenphoto 1.6a.

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

You can theortically create your own class-* plugin to do special things with these.The problem is that browsers simply don't support these file types and it is domain of the browser what to do with such files. Browser by default will download these as they do with any file they cannot display if linked directly. This is nothing you can really contro except the browser setting.

• ctdlg Member
    edited August 2022

Thank you.

I just tested editing image.php,
    changing link after php while (next_image())
    using file:///

Example of working link :
    file:////Donnees-2To/Sites/clatique/basilette/albums/contenu/02-B/Barbara%20L'aigle%20noir/

Screenshot

And I can play flac over http directly.

Wav can be played using vlc or what you want.
    Screenshot

All my discs were recorded on my hard disc (years 2000)
    Today, I mainly use Spotify, but I'm very happy to be able to listen to my collection with Zenphoto.

But this is NOT 100% http, because it does not work on another computer over my network, unless I copy all files using same disk and folder names.

You can do that but then you of course disable everything. If that is not important for your usage, whatever works ;-)

A plugin or a special image.php layout using the multiple_layouts plugin are the better solution.

Intesting usage of Zenphoto for a local music collection. It all will not work with playlists and you still need an external program. I assumed there are better native programms for this kind of usage.

• I did try recently Kodi, Clementine, Amarok.

I do prefer Zenphoto !
    Zenphoto is clear, simple, fast, and I get the template I want.

All right, whatever works for you. Love such off the standard usages anyway.

I tried Clementine once as well. Being on an (still older) macOS I still use iTunes which I have not found a proper replacement for.

• ctdlg Member
    edited August 2022

What I did using Zenphoto is very simple :
    1 edit image.php
    2 replace

} else {
    $fullimage = NULL;

by

} else {
    $fullimage = getFullImageURL();

3 I can now play wav and flac files... and of course mp3 as before.

I will try wine + Itunes under Linux!

Edit : I can also play midi files now using Zenphoto (the link opens the file in vlc)

Yes, that all works. Btw if you can use Chrome I read it does support Flac directly but I never tried.

You can also add a catalogue to VLC but that is not really convienent for lots of music.

iTunes is abandoned on newer macOS to a separate music app. And it does not support Flac at least on Mac. Here you have to use Apple Lossless which is equal.

• ctdlg Member
    edited August 2022

Flac support :

Chrome. 4 - 43 supported. 44 - 46 support. ...
    Edge  12 - 15 supported. 16 - 102 Supported. ...
    Safari. 3.1 - 10.1 supported. 11 - 12.1. ...
    Firefox. 2 - 50 supported. 51 - 101 Supported. ...
    Opera. 10 - 41 supported. 42 - 88 Supported. ...
    IE. 6 - 10 supported.
    Chrome for Android. 103 Supported.
    Safari on iOS  3.2 - 10.3 supported.

I use Firefox, and from time to time Chrome.

flac files are played directly with Zenphoto (I mean, without downloading the file in your hd download folder)

wav and midi files are plyed inside vlc automatically via Zenphoto, but files are downloaded in your download folder.

I have added a real "hd path" of the album selected inside each Zenphoto album : I can very easily open the hard disk folder.

I have no Mac at home.

• Some screenshots

Exemple 1

Exemple 2

Exemple 3