Zenphoto 1.6

On July 3 You wrote: As mentioned fresh installs don't work currently and there are some other problems with setup.

Is this still the case?

I have tried for the first time to install 1.6a to see if it is going to answer our problems with very large image collection with many albums and folders.

Having uploaded and unzipped the file at first start up I get a page stating: A configuration error occurred.

and

setup.log:
Zenphoto Setup v1.6a : Tue, 06 Sep 2022 14:05:47 +0000
Query error: Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO)
ERROR: Call to a member function lock() on null in /home/eggsatesting/public_html/zp-core/class-maintenancemode.php on line 64

debug.log:
{20736:Tue, 06 Sep 2022 14:05:47 GMT} Zenphoto v1.6a
ZenphotoCMS config file is missing. Setup run required.
{22052:Tue, 06 Sep 2022 14:09:08 GMT}
ZenphotoCMS database credentials are missing. Check your config file settings and re-run setup.
{23822:Tue, 06 Sep 2022 14:14:10 GMT}
ZenphotoCMS database credentials are missing. Check your config file settings and re-run setup.
{24015:Tue, 06 Sep 2022 14:14:41 GMT}
{27032:Tue, 06 Sep 2022 14:22:39 GMT}

Thanks,

Richard

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    edited September 2022

Did you run setup? Is the config file existing? All the errors are downstream errors of a missing or incomplete config file. Beside it is still 1.6a and not 1.6. I still don't recommend to use it on a real live site.

• I did not get any chance to run setup. I uploaded the .zip file and extracted it.
    I created a database for this installation, then I entered the url into the browser - immediate 'configuration error' message.

I have had a look at the files that have been installed - what has struck me that many (not all) of the php js files etc have permission 755 - whereas in my 1.5 Zenphoto installation all php files are 644.

Would this prevent the setup running?

Thanks,

Richard

No, but if setup didn't run, it cannot try to fix permissions. There are a few changes in the setup area: Setup actually should run automatically on a fresh install if there is no config file especially. On existing installs it wouldn't run automatically to prevent anyone doing that (so any random person accessing it could technically enter credentials).

After all it is still alpha status…

• If I run .../setup.php explicitly I get the error message:

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@eggsatesting.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

The website Cpanel error lists no errors (this is a new website) and I cannot see any error.log within the zenphoto files.

I have no intention of running 1.6a as a production website but wanted to check whether it could manage many folders.

Thanks,
    Richard

That is weird, we just had tested 1.6a on our own server with PHP 8.1 and that one we didn't see before.

Zenphoto's errorlog is called debug log and is within /zp-data. But internal server errors will not be note as that is core server so to speak.

• OK - I deleted everything in public_html - downloaded 1.6a again.
    Uploaded- extracted - ran - I get a web page stating:

Zenphoto Setup Setup
    Welcome to Zenphoto! This page will set up Zenphoto 1.6a on your web server.

but nothing happens.

Setup.log states:
    Zenphoto Setup v1.6a : Tue, 06 Sep 2022 18:54:14 +0000
    Query error: Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO)
    ERROR: Call to a member function lock() on null in /home/.../public_html/zp-core/class-maintenancemode.php on line 64

debug.log states:
    {16678:Tue, 06 Sep 2022 18:54:14 GMT} Zenphoto v1.6a
    ZenphotoCMS config file is missing. Setup run required.

as before.

Thanks,
    Richard

edited September 2022

The first page should have some info and a possibly a database credential form if there is no config file. You don't get that?

Anyway, we will try to reproduce (and fix) that.

• Welcome to Zenphoto! This page will set up Zenphoto 1.6a on your web server.

That is all that appeared on the page, otherwise a blank page.

If I try again now I get the 'A configuration error occurred' message.

Thanks,
    Richard

I indeed can reproduce a totally blank page if the config file is missing. But neither the error nor a partial blank page.

1. I do not get the screen which enables you to complete the database information.

2. I had a look and the zenphoto.cfg.php has been created but without database info of course as I have not been given the opportunity to provide it.

3. so I completed the database information in that cfg file

4. when I run the web site now as
      https://[ ].com/
      I get a completely blank page, with source as:
      <!DOCTYPE html>

5. but if I run the website as
      https://[ ].com/zp-core/setup
      I do get the setup page, with the first line being:

Placeholder HTML
    Maintenance Mode: The site is closed!

and the other stuff as expected.

1. It then creates the tables (have checked - they are created) - and then at the bottom of the page says you need to create your admin credentials (or words to that effect) but nowhere to create them.

2. I then get the terms screen with a note at the top saying the site is in maintenance mode - with the option to change - but changing it has no effect.
      Accept the terms and we the proceed to:
      .../zp-core/admin-upload.php
      and after a few seconds the screen shows:
      This page isn't working - [].com redirected you too many times

3. and that is the end of that

9 if I now run the program from another browser as:
    https://[ ...].com/
    I get a message that: Zenphoto is undergoing an upgrade, please return later.
    if I run ../zp-core/admin.php
    I again end up at 'This page isn't working

Thanks,
    Richard
    PS - I two 1.5 zenphoto sites working on this same webserver.

Yes, there is something not wrong because this is different to 1.5.x. We look into it but it will take some days.

• Thank you - no hurry as far as I am concerned.
    Richard

• Quote:

That is all that appeared on the page, otherwise a blank page.

I just wanted to say that this is what happened to me today.
    I have zen 1.5.9 in another folder. Today my host One changed PHP version from 7.4 to 8.0. I can go back to 7.4 in my control panel. But 7.4 will stop working on 28 November. I uploaded zen version Support build 1.6a to another folder, to try it. Above is what happened.

As noted above 1.6 is not yet ready therefore still an alpha version.

Yes, as soon as a config file is created and database info is missing there will be no setup access without being logged (if possible) because any visitor could fill in some data otherwise.

Besides that there is still a bug with setup in 1.6.a

The easy fix for now is to access the webspace via FTP and just fill in the correct db credentials in the config file.