zenji theme

just tried out the zenji theme, which according to the github page (https://github.com/zenphoto/zenji) is supported on the current version of zenphoto.

the theme does not seem to support the openstreepmap plugin. am i right about that? is there a way to get the plugin to work with the theme?

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

the theme does not seem to support the openstreepmap plugin. am i right about that?

I don't even know but certainly since it is a "half 3rd party" theme it may have not support for all plugins.

is there a way to get the plugin to work with the theme?

Yes, you would have to modify it by adding the require function. If you like to do that yourself see the official themes which to add how.

• fretzl Administrator, Developer

Zenji now has support for OpenStreetMap. Note that there is no link to toggle the map display. The map is simply always shown.

• thanks. i found zpbase theme and it supports maps and looks nice. may stick with this theme.

i have to say that i really like many things about zenphoto but the absolute weak point is themes. the themes all seem to be virtually unsupported and there are very few to choose from. i know you can create your own themes but i have no interest -- i really just want something that works.

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

he absolute weak point is themes.

Yes, we of course know. The four included have really aged which is why they are deprecated with Zenphoto 1.6. In the future we may only be able to provide one general all purpose theme which naturally never can fit anyone.

But have at least few good and maintained 3rd party themes plus the three "half supported" ones.

Sadly we have no capacities to create or maintain lots of themes so this will not really change in the future unless someone else also provides themes.