Menu Manager - zpBootstrap?

I have been testing the Menu Manager plug-in on my local and live installations with the zpBootstrap theme, and it does not appear to work (for me)
It does remove my existing menu links in the bar below the admin bar and does not display any menu items despite selecting to show every menu item possible in the menu settings.

Anyone have this menu plug-in working on zpBootstrap? Or what might be my issue?

Tags:

Comments

• fretzl Administrator, Developer

Did you check Use custom menu in the theme's options?

• Yes I did.

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

Are you using our updated fork for 1.6?
    https://github.com/zenphoto/zpBootstrap

• Yes, everything updated. Here is the relevant log.

createMenuIfNotExists item 0 query (INSERT INTO zp_menu (title,link,type,show,menuset,sort_order,include_li) VALUES ('Home', ,'homepage',1,'zpBootstrap','000',1)) failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ''homepage',1,'zpBootstrap','000',1)' at line 1.
    {21016:Fri, 28 Apr 2023 02:02:12 GMT}
    USER NOTICE: createMenuIfNotExists has posted processing errors to your debug log. in C:\xampp\htdocs\gallery\zp-core\zp-extensions\menu_manager.php on line 1080
    trigger_error called from createMenuIfNotExists (menu_manager.php [1080])
    from ThemeOptions->__construct (themeoptions.php [58])
    from admin-options.php [2706]
    {21016:Fri, 28 Apr 2023 02:02:35 GMT}
    createMenuIfNotExists item 0 query (INSERT INTO zp_menu (title,link,type,show,menuset,sort_order,include_li) VALUES ('Home', ,'homepage',1,'zpBootstrap','000',1)) failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ''homepage',1,'zpBootstrap','000',1)' at line 1.
    {21016:Fri, 28 Apr 2023 02:02:35 GMT}
    USER NOTICE: createMenuIfNotExists has posted processing errors to your debug log. in C:\xampp\htdocs\gallery\zp-core\zp-extensions\menu_manager.php on line 1080
    trigger_error called from createMenuIfNotExists (menu_manager.php [1080])
    from ThemeOptions->__construct (themeoptions.php [58])
    from admin-options.php [2706]

That is the "automatic" menu (I never really liked…). Try to delete the menu created (if there is anything created) and create your own manually.

I have a far memory that we have seen this before and might have fixed this in 1.6.1a already.

• I think the problem must be distinct to zpBootstrap. I installed 1.6a locally and the latest iteration of zpBootstrap to verify. The custom menu worked fine on the Zenpage theme but does not work on zpBootstrap. (the existing stock menu is removed, so no menu shows at all)

Perhaps the wrong menu name is used somehow?