Locahost Issue

Hi,

I'm trying to run a local instance of Zenphoto using Mamp. I have the folder extracted to C:\MAMP\htdocs\zenphoto

When I try to run the setup.php file I go nowhere. I checked the ports for Apache and they are at 80 and MySQL at 3306. I get the MAMP homepage but I cannot navigate to the zenphoto folder. Should I try MAMP Pro?

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    edited May 2023

Mamp Pro is really not needed. Have no experience with the Windows version but I/we use the Mac one for years.

Is it really running?
    Did you create a database?
    What do the logs within /zp-data of the Zenphoto install and the error_log of MAMP say?

• Hi,

So, it seems that I cannot run zenphoto 1.5.9 or 1.6 on the latest version of MAMP. I set PHP 7.4 to use for MAMP but it does not even recognize the zenphoto folder.

Then, I uninstalled the latest version of MAMP and installed version 3.3.1 of MAMP. I can now get to the setup page of zenphoto.

I see that version 1.6 supports PHP 8.0. On the production server would I have to upgrade to 8.0 for reliability?

edited May 2023

That would be strange because we do use MAMP ourselves for local development and all works with the latest MAMP 6.8.

Zenphoto 1.6 support PHP 7 to PHP 8.1 and probably generally would even work on 8.2 with some minor issues. But yes you should use PHP 8 as all earlier PHP versions already reached end of life.

• Roland Member, Translator

Hello ! Maybe it’s the same issue I had on mac years ago. If you use Mamp Pro, be sure to use module mode and not cgi for php. I don’t why, but it’ an issue with zenphoto and you get an error 500 or something like that.

I never actively used Mamp Pro but the standard Mamp works out of the box. Depeding on what you do you might need to raise some mempry values or enable extra extensions like Tidy via the phpini. But that is optional.

The only thing that causes known issues is that Mamps sets 8888/8889 as the ports by default that need to be set to the web standard 80/3306.