Zenpage - several issues: watermark/galleries page

1. Whenever I do a protected view of my image with or without the watermark, and the lightbox comes up, it gives me a bunch of gibberish instead of the protected image. Is this just me?

2. Is there a way to add a page that shows all the galleries like when the show news option is not checked? I'll honestly say I don't know what to do with the codeblock. I can hack the index.php to show both the news and galleries but there might be an easier way..

Comments

• I just wanted to say that playing with ZenPage has officially distracted me from some much needed studying >_<
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Haha, thanks, goal achieved..:-) To your questions:

1. The problem is that you set the full image protected, but the Thickbox which the theme uses needs the unprotected full image.

2. So you want to have the top level albums and the news together? That is possible. Just remove
    line 29: `<?php if(!getOption("zenpage_zp_index_news")) { ?>`
    line 47: `<?php } else { // news article loop`
    line 68: `} ?>`

But note that both the gallery pagination and the news pagination use the same variable for the page number, so if you use the index pagination you will on index.php's page 2 also get news page 2. Note also that the news navigation is separate from the normal gallery pagination.

Another possibility is to use kind of short news with `printLatestNews()`.
  • Thanks for the response.

I already removed those lines to do that to my current test site, but was unaware that the page 2 would affect both. Is there any way, instead, to make a new page to see top level albums? I know I POSSIBLY could just make my own php page that would do that (might be difficult), but I was wondering if there was another way, say using the page creation tool already in ZenPage.. it says there is php code in codeblock, but nothing seems to work in there for me.

I considered making a new album called gallery and just putting all the top levels in there, but that would destroy all my album data haha..
  • I ended up making my own gallery.php page.

As for the protected watermark, thanks for the response!
    Good that you solved it. Just two notes: The codeblock is indeed for php code but of course such things like albums do only work in the right contest. Also there is a new feature called custom index page on the theme options tab. Sbillard made that up but it escapes me currently how that was to use in detail. But the Efferescene+ theme does use it.

I considered making a new album called gallery and just putting all the top levels in there, but that would destroy all my album data haha..
    Should not if using the move/copy feature.
  • Regarding codeblock: I think the php part even broke for me when I did something simple like echo.. stuff like unexpected character in input..

I noticed the custom index page too. Probably just works similarly to making a new page and having it load that page instead? Might have to play with that if the need arises.

Ah, I never considered doing the move/copy feature.. I will consider that next time, but I didn't like how it turned out anyways.

Thanks!

P.S. I probably will end up not using thickbox then.
    Codeblock: Did you type that with `<?php .... ?>`? Those are needed and the codeblock functions should Probably should have pointed that out more... I wil add a FAQ entry to that on the project site.

Custom index: Yes, it is supposed to do. I didn't try it myself yet I have to admit (busy with Zenpage..:-)).

Move/copy: Could you be more specific what you don't like?
  • yeah,I put the <?php echo "Hello"; ?> and it gave me:

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /---/zp-core/plugins/zenpage/zenpage-template-functions.php(1680) : eval()'d code on line 1

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /---/zp-core/plugins/zenpage/zenpage-template-functions.php(1680) : eval()'d code on line 1

.. unless I installed it wrong..

Move/Copy - specifically at first, I had made a new root album in /albums called Gallery. When I then went to website.com/Gallery, on the div id=breadcrumb section, I think it gave me Index >> Gallery >> Gallery >> album or whatnot. That's what I didn't like, so I made a gallery.php page based off the index.php.

Thanks for Zenpage btw, it really REALLY helps me out.
    Thanks!

Regarding the codeblock. Sorry, there was indeed a bug, it should be corrected in the svn now.

Ok, I thought you meant the move(copy) feature. But that is a styling issue you could have easily corrected on the theme files by deleting the "Gallery" .
  • Yes, that is indeed one way to go, but if I, for some reason, went back to not using Zenpage, I would have to do the move(copy) feature again. That is why I just made a new theme page :)

Thanks for the fixes.
    Sure, the zenpage theme is just a suggestion, it's always better to make your own custom theme...:-)
  • The custom index page allows you to have a "size" gallery with an introductory index.php page.

In the case of the Effervescence+ theme, there is a script `gallery.php` which is what would normally be the index.php code on a non-zenpage installation. When zenpage is enabled and the custom index page option is set to `gallery.php` The initial page you view in Efferevescence+ is the news page. There you will find a sidebar link to the gallery which loads `gallery.php` and shows you a normal zenphoto gallery.
  • The Zenpage is working great so far - thanks acrylian!!!
    I do have one issue, when clicking on an image I'm not getting the image to pop-up. I just get a black transparent screen and it gets stuck.

Any ideas? Go to dallasalicerocks.com/gallery and click on any of the images to see the issue. Thanks.
    That's not really a zenpage issue, this thickbox popup does only work when the full image is not protected.
  • O.k. thanks. I might just disable the whole link altogether.
  • Alternatively, you can disable thickbox. Your choice.