Crazy permissions.. Help

This is happing to most folders.

Third party plugins folder (plugins) [permissions failure]
Warning!

Setup could not change the folder permissions from loose (0777) to strict (0755). You will have to set the permissions manually. See the Troubleshooting guide for details on Zenphoto permissions requirements.

Changed to 0755 Says attributes set. Then re run setup and this shows up

Third party plugins folder [plugins is not writeable and setup could not make it so]
Error!

Change the permissions on the Third party plugins folder to be writable by the server (chmod 777 plugins)

Looping cant move forward

Thanks

JD

Comments

• #1. Please read the message that accompanies the REPLY text box. Your posts will be moderated, so not show up immediately. Thus when you ignore the message you double post and really annoy the moerators by you lack of a/attention, b/courtesy, or c/intellegence.

#2. This is a pretty common topic, covered both in other forum posts and [amazingly] the troubleshooting guide and the actual error message you quote. Since you did not find these I guess a, b, or c applies here.
  • Hey Chief,

#1 You forgot D. When submit was hit it took me to a page that asked me to slow down... Im guessing by your sarcasm, you wrote that page. Please add a note that the post was sent along with the sarcasm and the "unknown post" would have been avoided.

#2 a search of "chmod" on your site returns: Sorry, no matches found. Try refining your search.
    a search of "0755" on your site returns: Sorry, no matches found. Try refining your search.
    a search of "set permissions" on your site returns: Sorry, no matches found.
    Try refining your search.

Also here you forgot D Im unable to find a solution using the most refined search terms.

Note: Zen emphasizes experiential wisdom in the attainment of enlightenment. You cannot reach enlightenment while pummeling your brothers. My apologies for bothering you brother, I will delete your software from my server. It is my honest hope that you find Zen,May peace as you are a very angry and emotionally troubled person.

May kindness & peace find a way through your rock hard exterior.
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Re #D: At times our server suffers from heavy traffic and spam attacks so it may be slow at times. We did upgrade a while ago but it seems it is sometimes still too much...

Regarding your search. If you had just searched for "permissions" you would have found this:
    http://www.zenphoto.org/news/permissions-for-zenphoto-files-and-folders

which is also incorporated in the troubleshooting (a common place to find such things...):
    http://www.zenphoto.org/news/troubleshooting-guide