printLatestImages works slow

Each time/day/moment when I open my browser and I load the page with my latest 32 images, it loads very slowly. I'm using this code:

`printLatestImages($number='32',$albumfolder = '',$showtitle = true,$showdate = false,$showdesc = false, $desclength = 24,$showstatistic = '',$width = 160,$height = 160,$crop = false,$collection = false);`

The rest of the albums load at normal speed.

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    First, you know of course that the variable names do not really belong there. Just the values.

It might be slow if you have a lot of changes in your gallery. Then that function of cousre have to fetch and check them all. Also they all have to be cached if you use another size elsewhere.

I just checked your site quickly and if it is the "NIEUWSTE FOTO'S" page that was quite fast for me. Tried with Safari 6 and FF 14. You should at least also try the static html cache plugin.
    PS: Nice new design. I don't find it at the moment but wasn't an older one in the showcase already? If we should update and if not add it. Only if you like of course.
  • I will try the static html plugin, but as I understand it, new images will not show up for visitors unless I recreate the cache? I add new images each week, sometimes more often.

Strange that the page loaded fast for you. And yes, an older design is in your showcase, somewhere ;). It would be nice if you updated it. My domain was called www.spoenk.nl at that time, but now it's just my real name: www.jacktummers.nl.
    Well, the cache caches also links to the image processor if the images have not been cached yet. Since it cannot not know about that. So it makes the most sense if the images itself are already cached and link to the cached images. They will show up in any case of course but not help the speed..;-)

I do remember spoenk.nl, just didn't find it somehow. I will update the entry (even better would be if it was a full Zenphoto Zenpage site..:-)
  • Zenpage works very fine, althoug I miss some extra functionality. WordPress has so many plugins... Too many imho. I sometimes use ZP for people that want a blog too, but I have over 2200 posts on my site and a lot of linked/included/manually modified content that I decided to keep using WP. ;)
    Sure, WP is a fine tool (we have a WP import tool..altough not really regulary test I admit...-)). Migrating is quite a bit work always. Anyway, feel free to create suggestion tickets about what extra functionality you feel is missing in Zenpage.
  • Hello acrylian, perhaps you can check my page with latest images once more. I noticed that each first time on a day that I call this page it loads... very slowly. Sometimes 15 seconds. Because I haven't looked at it this day yet, could you load it please and see what it does on your computer?

http://www.jacktummers.nl/collectie/page/latest
    I just tried in Safari, Firefox and Chrome. All fast, nothing to complain for me.
  • Ok and thanks for testing. The problem must lie here with me. But it's still weird. I just opened the page and it took 16 seconds. Opening it again after a few minutes and it opens fast. :(
    Do you have this on others sites as well? Could just be the connection then?
  • No, of all the pages within my site or other sites, just this one loads slowly, but only the first time.
    No idea then. Did you try logged in and logged out? If the latter maybe enable the static html cache plugin.
  • Yes, logging in and out doesn't matter and the static html plugin isn't enabled. I keep finding this strange, but perhaps after some ugrade it will solved by itself ;)