godaddy hosting

I was able to run zp on my other hosting provider, netfirms but it didn't have mod_rewrite.

So I decided to try godaddy, and now it won't even come up. I did the same steps as my previous host but I keep on getting

Error: The 'albums' directory cannot be found or is not readable.

Even when I try to access the admin page. Both Album and Cache have 777 rights.

From reading through the post is seems that the paths aren't being resolved correctly. I'm just wondering is anyone one gotten zp to work on godaddy.

Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• i use godaddy, but its a dedicated host, so i doubt it's the same setup.
  • You have much more control on your server. I'm on the cheap plan, so it's shared. Therefore no control.
  • I am using godaddy to host my gallery, and it works just fine. I don't have a dedicated account. Are you sure you uploaded the .htaccess file correctly?
  • Interesting. Can email me the file? web805@gmail.com.

Thanks.
  • I am having the same problem and I use GoDaddy for my wordpress blog and want to integrate ZenPhoto into my blog. Please keep me posted on how to accomplish this!

BeamMeUp4@aol.com
  • You need to go back to the way it used to work in 0.8. At the bottom of config.php, comment out that whole if/else block and replace with something that looks like:

define('SERVERPATH', '/home/content/U/S/E/USERNAME/html/zenphoto');
    define('WEBPATH', '/zenphoto');
    define('SERVERCACHE', SERVERPATH . "/cache");
    define('WEBCACHE', WEBPATH . "/cache");

Not the three dirs with a single letter. This is just the first three letters of your username. Also, I'm assuming you are installing into a dir called zenphoto in your home directory. Adjust as required.
  • THANK YOU SO MUCH! It's working so far!
  • Awww crap... I cancelled my hosting plan with godaddy and went with dreamhost. Oh well, that's what I get for being impatient.

But on the other hand I did go with dreamhost. For a lot cheaper with the code I used. The good thing is that zenphoto is up and running.
  • Guys

Hardcoding the variables as above worked first time, so thanks for that!...

Except that now the paths to the images are incorrect (it's not including the "albums" directory in the img tag) and the images are not displaying on the pages....

Any ideas now?

Thanks in advance ;-)
    gareth