Album information not loading from admin area.

Hello i currently have
48,834 Images
508 Albums
in one of my galleries.
when i login into the admin section every section works ok except for Albums tab.
when i click to view a album section noting happen just trying to load for a long while until i get some server error.

using zenphoto 1.4.4

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Since you don't bother to post the error message I guess you get a memory or time out error. So your server is probably not capable of the takst to load that much albums with that much images.

Recommendations: Use smaller images, organize in subalbums with less images each or get a faster server. Also review the troubleshooting guide.
  • Yeah i change to subalbum but no help even when trying to load a ablum with 2 images still does not show the edit screen or images for that album.

the site is on a godaddy server.
    It use to giving Internal server error, caan remember the exact text. but now it just loading admin menu and that it.

Below is a short version of the error log in zenPhoto
    `

{Tue, 20 Nov 2012 00:15:52 GMT} Zenphoto v1.4.2.1[9138]

Backtrace: fatal zp_error:MySQL Query ( SELECT ``value` FROM `[prefix]options` WHERE `name`='Theme_colors' AND `ownerid`=0 AND `theme`='default' ) failed. MySQL returned the error MySQL server has gone away

zp_error called

from query (functions-db-MySQL.php [76])

from query_single_row (functions-db-MySQL.php [92])

from getThemeOption (functions.php [2137])

from getTheme (template-functions.php [4093])

from include (404.php [4])

from index.php [145]

{Tue, 20 Nov 2012 00:15:52 GMT}

Backtrace: fatal zp_error:MySQL Query ( SELECT `value` FROM `[prefix]options` WHERE `name`='Theme_colors' AND `ownerid`=0 AND `theme`='default' ) failed. MySQL returned the error MySQL server has gone away

zp_error called

from index.php [145]

Backtrace: fatal zp_error:MySQL Query ( SELECT `value` FROM `[prefix]options` WHERE `name`='Theme_colors' AND `ownerid`=0 AND `theme`='default' ) failed. MySQL returned the error MySQL server has gone away

zp_error called

from index.php [145]

zp_error called

from index.php [145]

{Tue, 20 Nov 2012 00:25:07 GMT}

zp_error called

from index.php [145]

{Tue, 20 Nov 2012 00:25:51 GMT}

zp_error called

from index.php [145]

{Tue, 20 Nov 2012 00:31:54 GMT}

zp_error called

from index.php [145]

{Tue, 20 Nov 2012 00:32:04 GMT}

zp_error called

from index.php [145]

{Tue, 20 Nov 2012 00:32:11 GMT}

zp_error called

from index.php [145]

{Tue, 20 Nov 2012 00:32:23 GMT}

zp_error called

from index.php [145]

{Tue, 20 Nov 2012 00:32:27 GMT}

zp_error called

from index.php [145]

{Tue, 20 Nov 2012 00:32:47 GMT}

zp_error called

from index.php [145]

{Tue, 20 Nov 2012 00:32:56 GMT}

zp_error called

from index.php [145]

{Tue, 20 Nov 2012 00:32:58 GMT}

zp_error called

from index.php [145]

{Tue, 20 Nov 2012 00:33:44 GMT}

zp_error called

from index.php [145]

{Tue, 20 Nov 2012 00:34:35 GMT}

zp_error called

from index.php [145]

{Tue, 20 Nov 2012 00:34:51 GMT}

zp_error called

from index.php [145]

{Tue, 20 Nov 2012 00:35:07 GMT}

zp_error called

from index.php [145]

{Tue, 20 Nov 2012 00:35:13 GMT}

zp_error called

from index.php [145]

{Tue, 20 Nov 2012 00:35:26 GMT}

zp_error called

from index.php [145]

{Tue, 20 Nov 2012 00:35:26 GMT}

zp_error called

from index.php [145]

{Tue, 20 Nov 2012 00:37:48 GMT}

zp_error called

from index.php [145]

{Tue, 20 Nov 2012 00:52:36 GMT}

Backtrace: fatal zp_error:MySQL Query ( INSERT INTO `[prefix]albums` (`folder`, `show`, `mtime`, `date`, `title`) VALUES ('events', '1', '1353114045', '2012-11-16 18:00:45', 'events') ) failed. MySQL returned the error MySQL server has gone away

zp_error called

from PersistentObject->save (classes.php [336])

from PersistentObject->load (classes.php [290])

from PersistentObject->PersistentObject (classes.php [83])

from Album->__construct (class-album.php [81])

from admin-edit.php [32]

{Tue, 20 Nov 2012 01:09:33 GMT}

Backtrace: fatal zp_error:MySQL Query ( SELECT i.filename, i.title, i.desc, a.folder, a.title AS albumTitle FROM [prefix]images i

INNER JOIN [prefix]albums a ON i.albumid = a.id

WHERE a.folder = 'banner_ads' AND i.custom_data LIKE '%rotating%' ORDER BY RAND() LIMIT 10 ) failed. MySQL returned the error MySQL server has gone away

zp_error called

from query_full_array (functions-db-MySQL.php [109])

from printRotatingBannerList (functions.php [133])

from include (rotating_ads.php [2])

from index.php [128]

{Tue, 20 Nov 2012 01:09:53 GMT}

zp_error called

from include (index.php [3])

from index.php [128]

• Backtrace: fatal zp_error:MySQL Query ( SELECT value FROM [prefix]options WHERE name='Theme_colors' AND ownerid=0 AND theme='default' ) failed. MySQL returned the error MySQL server has gone away
    This tells all. Your server presumably is not capable of running your site or you have an issue with your database.
  • ok.. any suggestion on what to tell the godaddy admin to do?
    i'm lost here also.

Thank.
    My colleague said it already, either your server is too small/slow to handle what you wish to do or something is wrong with your database. Or both.
  • You should ask `godaddy` to tell you why the MySQL server is timing out. If it is crashing then there is something wrong with the database. If it is simply not completing the select in time for the PHP application then the server (or server configuration) is not adequate.
  • OK thank guys i'll see what can be done on there side.
    P.S. i'm using the godaddy Ultimate plan.
  • hello again,
    can you tell which hosting company you would recommend to run zenphoto 1.4.4 most host company i see don't really provide that minimum setup requirement, unless a getting some dedicated server or someting.
    If you images and albums are not only that much but also huge resolution ones (which you didn't tell - please see the troubleshooting) you will probably not find any shared host that is capable to process these in that number.

Then you probably need indeed a proper own dedicated server and even that might be overloaded.
  • the image sizes are between 500k to about 1.5mgs each.
    Please review the troubleshooting to learn that it is not the file size that matters.
  • OK this the message i got from go daday don't know what triggers there talking about.

Discussion Notes
    Support Staff Response
    Dear Rohan,

Thank you for contacting Online Support regarding the database errors you are receiving. Please note, triggers are not supported on shared hosting. You would need a Virtual Private Server or Dedicated Server.

We have reviewed your account and could not find any issues with your hosting plan. The type of error you are experiencing is most likely caused by coding or scripting. Because we do not provide coding support, we are unable to determine what specifically in your code may be causing the error.

You may wish to review your code to determine if there are any issues, because it appears that is the most likely cause of the error. You may also wish to enable detailed error messages as a temporary diagnostic measure. The procedure for this will vary, depending on the scripting language being used. We also recommend consulting both the vendor's online documentation, as well as the large number of online forums dedicated to coding and scripting.

If you determine there is no issue with the code itself and believe the issue is server related, please reply with specific evidence of this and we will investigate the matter further.

Additionally, please note, triggers are not supported on shared hosting. You would need a Virtual Private Server or Dedicated Server to accomplish this.

Please let us know if we can assist you in any other way.

Sincerely,

Jesse P.
    Online Support Team
  • I would suggest you use the CPanel MySQL ap and try that query in the error message and see how long it takes to complete.

Your hosting service does sort of boggle my mind. They have reviewed your account, but I would guess not their error logs.

Just how an application can cause a MySQL server to "go away" is beyond me. Specially for the "insert" query. As well, why are they talking about "triggers", did they see any in your database, if so they are not from Zenphoto. I guess this is really just a form response that they give users in the hopes that they will give up (and not go away.)

I suspect that your query on good hosting services will provide you with the best answer to your delima.

We really do not recommend particular hosting services. I suggest you look at the showcase link above. You can visit the sites and see how they perform. Then with Whosis you can probably figure out what hosting service is being used for the site.
  • ok thanks i'll look try the showcase, think i already try the sql from Cpanel and it work ok, would have to try it again and see.