ZenPhoto + Galleria = awesome

13»

Comments

• tomc Member
    I'm going to give it a shot, but I'm going to start from scratch. If I get Galleria working I'll just post instructions on how to stick it a theme.
  • thanks you tomc. let us know.
  • i'm having a bit of troubles with this theme when it comes to creating a new album in 1.2 I have a post up already about this, but i figure i'll add here aswell. i'll just c&p the post

"i'm a little stumped. i updated zenphoto to 1.2, i create an album, visit that album, but the theme comes out really strange. seems to work on the provided themes (i'm using galleria, which i don't really see as being the problem) but has this happened to anyone else?

this is the album i'm having problems with http://petermorawski.com/portfolio/portrait/
    but this one seems to be working fine http://petermorawski.com/portfolio/nature

:S"
  • OK, I'm going to try to get this working today using 1.2.
  • I have it working, but I need to write some PHP code to handle sub-albums first because I want that type of page to have a different style.
  • OK, finished implementing it:
    http://thomascrawfordphotography.com

I didn't do the jcarousel bit. If anyone is interested leave a comment on my blog and I'll post something here or make available for download.
  • @tomc

Have you managed to get Google maps working with the theme?
  • Hi olihar,

That is actually my next step, I have some geotagged photos now and working on going back and tagging my old ones. I'm trying to decide how I'm going to present it. I *think* I would like to have a link to a pop-out window with all the photos from the current page with markers on a google maps topo. Not sure of that yet. Any suggestions on how you'd like to see it? Also an example site if you have one.

I probably won't get working on this until later this week.
  • Hi tomc,
    beautiful gallery and beautiful theme!!! Any chance you could share the source code, please?

Cheers,
    Reda
  • @olihar - haven't gotten to the google maps stuff yet. I'm sure it will work though.

@Reda - how proficient are you with html/css? Right now some of it is hardcoded, like the links on the top menu bar. Also the homepage and blog are on wordpress, I made the themes match. I'd like to do more work on it before I make it publicly available, but if you can edit it to meet your needs without any support than I'll give it to you.
  • Hi AlexWilson, great looking site. I am currently modifying the default theme but can not work out how to add one random image from a gallery to the index page. Can you help? I notice that is what you have done. Thanks.
  • @tomc. Thanks for the offer. In end I deciced to keep my current theme and actually upload my pictures to Flickr instead of my host (just because I've got gigs and gics of them and I don't like my hosting service that much ;-)

Thanks for the offer... Anyway, your pics are awesome!
  • Could someone please assist a poor clueless PHP newbie? I would like something similar to the Galleria demo as seen here: http://devkick.com/lab/galleria/demo_02.htm but I really have no idea how to do this in zenphoto. I understand how to implement the script standalone(without Zenphoto) but I really want to use it with Zenphoto, for the ease of updating and other things.

I would greatly appreciate any help.
  • @tomc - Have you been working on the theme at all lately?
  • Hi -

I've just completed work on a theme that uses galleria and jQuery tabs. It owes a debt to Alex Wilson's theme, although it has a number of new features.

Live: http://www.charliecampbell.co.uk

One question I have is that in the history menu of Firefox I just see '1' for each photo visited in any album, and I notice that my URL is different from Alex Wilson's in that mine has /1 (i.e. page 1) after the album name. Any idea what I should do differently?

Thanks
  • wow, that looks great, is there any url where we could download this theme?
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Since that site was done for a client I suppose there will surely be no download of it.
  • I would offer a download but I'm not sure my client would be too keen!

That said, I'm happy to offer code snippets if there's a particular feature you'd like to replicate.

In particular, I'd like to see if I could improve on the way I use the loading graphic to display while the images load. At present I've done it like this:

`
    $(_img).load(function() {
    $('#mainframe').removeClass('loading');
    $('#thumbs').removeClass('loading');
    $('#main_image_wrapper').show();
    });
    `
    But ideally it should be better integrated into the other loading events in the galleria script? My jQuery is a bit patchy unfortunately.
  • hello, can anyone please tell me what can i do so that the the pictures will be resized automatically to fit a frame ?
  • Per my earlier question about `/page/1` being added to the URL. The `getAlbumLink()` function automatically adds this, but it can be removed by commenting out part of the function like so:

`
    function getAlbumLink() {
    global $_zp_page;

$rewrite = pathurlencode($this->name) . '/';
    $plain = '/index.php?album=' . urlencode($this->name). '/';
    // the following section is commented out to prevent the addition of /page/1 in URLs
    /* if ($_zp_page) {
    $rewrite .= "page/$_zp_page";
    $plain .= "&page=$_zp_page";
    } */
    return rewrite_path($rewrite, $plain);
    }
    `
    Note this is only for use with a Galleria-style theme where additional paging is not required.
  • Anyone having issues with jcarousel after upgrading to jQuery 1.3.x?
    Just to note Zenphoto still ships with jQuery 1.2.6 for compatibility reasons with some admin stuff.
  • where i can download actually version of this (galleria for zenphoto) theme? i use zenphoto 1.2.6
    Since it is not listed on our themes page there is probably none.
  • I dont know where you are now Alex but I love you. (ZP, I <3 you too)
    Too bad this isnt being worked on anymore for everyone else in order to be an official theme cause its exactly the type of thing I was looking for.

I was able to integrate it with my website
    http://teamganzi.com/Graphics/david.shtml

Its still in the rough stages but now I can have every user upload their own photos to be displayed in the gallery (Rather than me do all the work).
    If only I could get the comments/descriptions up but that sounds like a lot of work.
    I'm an "old schooler" who knows nothing about PHP, just some HTML.
  • Shouldn't be too hard if you take a look.

Remove everything from
    `<?php if (getOption('Allow_comments')) { ?>`

to the second
    `<?php } ?>`

And replace with:
    `
    <?php
    if (function_exists('printCommentForm')) {
    printCommentForm();
    }
    ?>
    `
    Just a cursory look through the code that is. You'll want to make sure I didn't overshoot/undershoot on the comment code itself.
  • I tried that but it didnt work. From what i've read, its because this theme doesnt use image.php
    just album.php
  • What do i have to edit in order to see picture not in their real size but resized into prefixed window?
  • pekkal Member
    I've been working on this for many long nights and made some progress.. but now I think I've hit the wall. 2 major issues, is it even possible to get printImageDesc() working (and to remove the "caption" for example: 5:DSC_5115.jpg) and getting commenting working?

Have you guys been working around galleria? I tried zpGalleriffic before this one but it also had some major problems :/