User guide documentation.

I have tried searching the forum and also the site but cannot find anywhere to download the documentation in full. Is this possible?

I should like to know how to get a thumbnail to show on the 'Album' which consists of a video (mp4) file. At present, it is just a 'filmstrip' icon.

Many thanks.

John

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

There is no documentation download. It is only the general user guide on our site you already found. What you were looking for is is so called "video thumbs" or "sidecar images" as this applies to all non image "images".
    https://www.zenphoto.org/news/problems-with-albums-and-images/#------thumbnails-for-videos-or-other-non-standard-

Additionally there is a lot explained on the backend itself and then there is the technical (or developer) documentation: https://docs.zenphoto.org

• Many thanks, acrylian.

I have done that and I now have another question (sorry!).
    Is there any way that the video can be run by just clicking on the jpg thumbnail? ie as if it was the first frame of the video?
    Cheers.

John.

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

It depends on the player plugin used, on some the thumb will be shown as the poster you can click on.

• I have jplayer installed at the moment/

The only other player I could find is mediaelementjs_player.

I have uploaded that to the site and followed (I think!) the installation instructions.

Place the file mediaelementjs_player.php and the folder of the same name into your /plugins folder.
    UNQUOTE

It does not appear in the my Gallery's "Plugins" display, so I am at a loss to know how to activate it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

John.

• fretzl Administrator, Developer

The plugins folder structure should look something like this:
    (note that a plugin may also consist of just 1 file and no folder)

?plugins
        ? plugin1
        ? plugin1.php
        ? plugin2
        ? plugin2.php
        ? mediaelementjs_payer
        ? mediaelementjs_player.php
        ? plugin3
        ? plugin4

• Ah! I had misunderstood the instructions. I had the mediaelementjs_player.php inside the mediaelementjs_player folder!

I will have another look at the player now.

Many thanks, fretzl.

Cheers.

John.