The new plugin has not been recognized

Hello, I added a new plugin, swipe_gestures, to the plugin directory but it ha not been recognized. What I am doing wrong?

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    edited August 2020

From the plugin readme:

Put the file swipe_gestures.php and the folder of the same name into your /plugins folder and enable the plugin.

I guess you just accidentally put the whole folder of the extracte repo itself into the plugins folder. That will not work.

If that isn't it, please review all debug logs.

• habe Member

Thanks for the answer, indeed I made the mistake you mentioned. Now the plugin is listed and I activated the "Single image page" swipe, but I cannot swipe, am I still, again, making a mistake?

DId you set the options?

• habe Member

Yes, "Single image page"

Then pelase review the debug and also your browser console log. Perhaps you have some JS error somewhere.

Which theme are you using?

• habe Member

The theme is zpmobile. Neither in the debug file or in the browser I can find a relating error.

edited August 2020

Okay,that's the problem. That plugin does not work with zpMobile. zpMobile is very specific using the jquery mobile JS framework which collides with other JS heavily as it takes over everything basically.

• habe Member

Thanks for your help.
    What a pitty.
    I choose this theme because it is, for me, a good design for smartphone and tablets. what other

• habe Member

(sorry) theme would you advise.

edited August 2020

I can't advise, there are a few responsive themes:
    https://www.zenphoto.org/page/search/tags/responsive/