"Collections", new theme (in progress).

Roland Member, Translator

Hello ! I've been working on a new responsive template, trying to support many plugins.
There is still little glitches to fix.

Any questions or comments are welcome :smile:

Collections' Homepage Screenshot

Demo with all plugins : https://collections.rolandtisserand.fr/
Demo without any plugin : https://archives.rolandtisserand.fr/

Supported plugins

• cacheManager
  • class-textobject
  • class-video
  • comment_form
  • contact_form
  • favoritesHandler (*no multiple sets for now)
  • menu_manager (*no submenu for now)
  • openstreetmap
  • rating
  • register_user
  • related_items
  • tag_suggest
  • themeSwitcher
  • user_ login_out
  • zenpage

Supported options

• Responsive images using srcset
  • Dark / Light theme with prefers-color-scheme
  • Accessible & responsive navbar
  • SVG icons hack with CSS (empty, protected, text... will add more)
  • Show / Hide picture's title & description in Album view

What next ?

• Fix the space in picture URI due to &dsp=Protected view
  • Dark / Light switcher with cookie
  • Better accessibility
  • Handling favorite plugin with multiple sets
  • Choose homepage
  • Finding a way to standardize class for sub-menu with menu_manager so it can handle accessible navigation with keyboard.

Collections' Image Screenshot

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

Nice, third party themes are always welcome. We'll add an entry to our themes section soon.

A few comments:
    I would link to the releases page of the repository instead of the main repo page. So people get the actual releases

Finding a way to standardize class for sub-menu with menu_manager so it can handle accessible navigation with keyboard.

Review the 1.5.8RC as a few things changed here regarding default classes for the menu_manager and all others automatic menus which may help you.

Not theme related but you seem not to use a rewrite suffix for the image:
    https://collections.rolandtisserand.fr/le_jardin_des_supplices/le_jardin_des_supplices-p141.jpg

This is not recommended as it may trigger security tools and also harm SEO as the url looks as if this is an image while it is actually a (script) page.

• Roland Member, Translator
    edited April 2021

Thanks for your comment, and good news for 1.5.8 !
    I also fixed the mod_rewrite config.
    I forgot the download link in the first post also : https://github.com/RolandTi/collections/releases/latest/

You'r welcome. I found the download page on the demo site ;-)

Btw that download page it says 1.0 although there is still 0.4 released.

I took some screenshots of the demo site for our themes entry later on already.

Fix the space in picture URI due to &dsp=Protected view

That's our domain to fix and not your theme's. Actually an very old oversight no one really noticed until now.

Ok, thanks, I wasn't sure. I got a Bad value with the html W3C validator.

edited April 2021

Well. spaces are allowed but need to be encoded. Better to avoid them like special chars as it causes less of headaches anyway.

I have already added the theme to your theme section.

Looks like you can easily add this yourself if you really need this. Actually this should rather be a plugin actually.

(The guide is a bit outdated, you should only edit a theme copy and the printAdminToolbox() call does not exist anymore for quite some time now).

• Yes. true. Issue I have is figuring out where to put it. I would like to add it to zpbase for example, but because of the way the theme is written I am not sure where to put it. I have not asked for help yet on that :)

It was easy to figure out for Zenpage.

edited April 2021

I have taken a quick look at zpBase. The place would probably where all the extra plugin calls are that start in line 105-114 in its image.php. Either before that or after that.

Or somewhere around/inbetween line 83-98. You have to try where it looks best.

The function calls in these places are all quite speaking so you should get an idea where that is.

• thanks. will look at that

• did not work... seems to ignore it

edited April 2021

You probably posted it within teh PHP. You have to use

// php stops here ?>
    your script here 
    <?php // PHP continues here`

Sorry, these are minimum basics we naturally assume to be known. Btw, this should not continue here as this topic is actually not about zpBase at all.

Hi there :-)
    I've been working, a little, to fix some visual glitches and adding the support of multi-set favorites. You can get the version 0.6 at Github : https://github.com/RolandTi/collections/releases/tag/v.06

Have a nice day !